The giant sweater of pinkness!

So this sweater was an event - it feels like it took FOREVER!

I made mistakes:

It is supposed to be a hexagon not a pentagon… I had to completely redo one half

and then I got the size wrong…

and had to frog 6 INCHES off each side.

Here it is seamed up but no pockets or finishing

and here it is ON

front

back

side

sleeves (this picture is the closest to the right color)

And I used the Day Date Cardigan pattern from Make & Do Crew. My yarn weight was a little heavy for the original pattern which contributed to the overall size issue. I used Caron Simply Soft in Neon Pink.

30 Likes

I love that pattern, crochet yeah? Easy enough for a rank beginner who can granny square you think?

And it is SO SO pink.

2 Likes

YES! the pattern is pretty meditative. Same rows over and over. If you can double crochet and join rounds, you can do it!!

1 Like

Great sweater!
The last time I crocheted, the triangle shawl pattern turned into a weird, 18-pointed spiderwebby monstrosity. It was pretty cool, but not what I was aiming for.

I’m afraid to think what I’d do to this!

3 Likes

Awesome! It looks so comfy :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

You get an A+++ for perseverance!
And the very, very, very pink sweater turned out amazing in the end!

1 Like

Agreed! A+++++infinity all around!

1 Like

It’s beautiful!!

1 Like

Your persistence has paid off, because it is magnificent.

1 Like

That pink! :star_struck: I love it - and good for you for sticking with it despite all the frogging.

1 Like

That would have hit the WIP bin at my house and probably have never seen the light of day again. So I’m extra impressed by your perseverance! AND it looks fantastic!

2 Likes

I like the bright pink! It looks like you did a lot of work. Kuddo’s for not giving up and in the end, you have a fun sweater!

2 Likes

That color is fab! It looks so cozy.

1 Like

Awesome job through quite the journey!

1 Like

:rainbow: Congratulations! Your great craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

2 Likes

It turned out lovely!!

1 Like

I have this exact pattern saved and have already bought the yarn. Yours looks great. Nice and comfy.

1 Like

Yay! After all that, it’s perfect! And so very, very pink!

1 Like

That is an amazing sweater!! Well done for finishing it too!

1 Like