The Grinchy Duo

I was asked by my dad to crochet a Grinch from a picture my sister showed him (my sister also crochets and I’m sure will be joining this community later today), but somehow I ended up making it? Anyway, he didn’t like the lighter green of the smaller Grinch on the left. He thought it was too bright. I was going to keep that one for myself, but my aunt asked if she could have it, so I gave it to her.

I found the slightly darker green that he was much happier with and made him the Grinch on the right. The yarn is still worsted weight, but a different brand that happens to be slightly thicker (Red Heart Super Saver vs Caron One Pound). That’s why his head “grew three sizes that day.”

Here’s the lighter green Grinch with his hat both on and off.

16 Likes

Oh they are just perfectly Grinchy!

1 Like

Too cute! I especially love the white trim used…what yarn is that? I think both sizes are adorable and I am sure they both were well received!

1 Like

Ha ha ha, that is so excellent! And relatable :P.

1 Like

They are fantastic!

And yes, I agree that Caron One Pound is in a class of its own. :thinking:

1 Like

The yarn is Bernat Pipsqueak. I heard a rumor it’s being discontinued. I really hope that was a false rumor!

Oh no! I like to collect interesting yarns just in case…the right yarn makes the project and I think you picked some good yarns for yours!

1 Like

The cutenesses tho!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

How could you not like that green?
Both are SO CUTE!

1 Like

I love them! Great job!

1 Like

Sad panda! Pipsqueak is fantastic. BUY ALL THE PIPSQUEAK :smile:

1 Like

These make me smile! :smiley:

1 Like

HA! Those are fab! Their little faces are killing me!

1 Like

They are both amazing, and I think they look happy because you can’t see the evil eyebrows XD but he deserves to be happy. At least you got to try it a second time, even if that wasn’t the original plan :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! I just added a second picture that shows the eyebrows

Yeah, looks a bit more Grinchy there XD They are super adorable either way

1 Like

My dad sent me this photo.

“He rounded up all our Christmas decorations we had out”

I’m happy to see he’s not always up to mischief :blush: