The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog (Easter Edition)

My sense of humor is a little warped sometimes. For the recent Easter Egg swap I had the crazy impulse to make the iconic killer rabbit from Monty Python’s Holy Grail movie…but disguising himself as an Easter Bunny to lure in victims. Luckily, my swap partner @Bunny1kenobi shares my sense of humor.

A bit of polymer clay, some craft sticks, paint, and ribbon later, this was the result. It’s my favorite creation in years and I was cackling gleefully with each tiny, gruesome detail.

To get just the right color for the blood, I mixed crimson acrylic with a bit of dark brown wood stain (the same used on the sign). The Easter sign was made from a scrap of brown paper grocery bag and a bit of twine yanked from burlap fabric. The wood sign base is painted air dry clay.

The Easter sign and basket can be removed for a year-round killer bunny display.

Some process pics:

Ready to go in the oven

20 Likes

The bunnies face before the blood is so sweet, to lure in unsuspecting people I presume! All the props look amazing, especially that skull. This is hilarious! I love all the tiny details. You a have great sculpting skills!

2 Likes

Thanks! I own way too much clay and too many sculpting tools, so I always love bringing them out to play.

3 Likes

This is perfect. Quite the clever ruse the little guy is perpetrating!

2 Likes

Oh, this is so awesome! The little splotches on the pink ribbon… And do I also spy the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

3 Likes

The whole project over all- chefs kiss
but those skeleton pieces are phenomenal.gold star work.

2 Likes

This is hilarious!

2 Likes

I FREAKING LOVE THIS!!!

So perfect. The holy hand grenade of Antioch really help to elevate the whole thing!

1 Like

:joy: haha it’s funny and creepy at the same time. :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

This is so dang funny and cute! I bet it was an absolute riot to make!

2 Likes

Look at the BONES!

2 Likes

Wickedly Awesome!

2 Likes

Thank you! He’s a resourceful rabbit. :joy:

2 Likes

@endymion - Thank you! I couldn’t leave out the holy handgrenade!

@sloth003 - thank you! The tiny bones were fun to make.

@MistressJennie - Thank you!

@bunny1kenobi - Thanks! The hand grenade is my fave of the extras.

@wendiek - Thank you! You should have seen my kid’s face when I was trying to get just the right shade of blood. Pretty sure they have concerns about my sanity.

@TheMistressT - thank you! It was so fun concepting and making the pieces!

@Tee - thank you!

4 Likes

Hahaha :joy:

1 Like

This is awesome! You’ve thought of all the details.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Too funny! I love it!

2 Likes

I love this so much.

1 Like

Thank you, @Reese52 & @whatthepuck!