The Miniature British Bake Off

I found a miniature plastic cake stand while craft shopping and instantly knew I had to make a miniature bake to go along with it. Luckily, @Fonduie provided the perfect inspiration with her wishlist over in the Secret Santa swap!

We both love The Great British Bake Off so I decided to recreate a cake from one of her favorite bakers: Kim-Joy’s gorgeous woodland fox cake.

The rosettes were the hardest to recreate. The fox and mushroom cookies, drips down the side, and the fox on top were created using liquid clay frosting. There’s no paint on the cake at all. Even the tiny dots on the mushrooms and the brown streaks are clay!

Here’s the original cake from the GBBO website:

31 Likes

Tapestry! You were my Santa! Thank you so much! It was all great but that ornament is next level!!! Thank you from the Kim Joy lovin’ bottom of my heart!!!

1 Like

Big love for this little project!!!

2 Likes

This is a bit of all right! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Love this! Wow - what a lot of fab detail!

2 Likes

Wow! I’m impressed with how well you recreated the original. And, I guess I should really start watching the Great British Bake Off!

2 Likes

You did such a good job!

2 Likes

:open_mouth:Holy COW! You did an amazing job! It looks just like the real cake! And so specific! I’m sure she just went nuts over it.

2 Likes

Wowzers!!! :open_mouth:

You did a FANTASTIC job of matching it to the original inspiration. What a cool ornament!:christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Wow! Great likeness to the original! I love Kim Joy… This totally rocks!

2 Likes

This is the best ever. Seriously, adorable.

2 Likes

We need a Great British Bake Off craftalong or swap here because this is too fantastic not to build off off. Seriously fantastic work! LOVE LOVE LOVE the tiny foxes!

2 Likes

Thanks for the lovely compliments! I had a blast making the teeny cake.

I’m so glad it arrived safe and you like it @Fonduie! Kim-Joy is such a fun, imaginative baker.

1 Like

I just can’t come up with the right hyperbolic adjectives, but WOW!

3 Likes

Good heavens, that is the loveliest miniature cake I’ve ever seen!
You did a phenomenal job replicating the original on a tiny scale!
This rocks!

2 Likes

So cute, and so very Kim-Joy!

2 Likes

This is really, super cute!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Miniature British Bake Off is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

2 Likes

Whoa, fabulous recreation (in miniature) of an awesome cake!

1 Like

amazing recreation! great colors, too.

1 Like