The Mourning Dove: a toy boat

Hi, Iโ€™m Jae3ird. My mom is @Rlynn. This is my boat, I made it out of foam, kite cloth, and polymer clay. I tested it, it floats, the sails and anchor work.

24 Likes

Your boat is lovely. And Iโ€™m not saying that because Iโ€™m your mom. Nice job.

6 Likes

Lies :joy:

3 Likes

Very cool that you included an anchor :slight_smile:
What did you use for the tiny black rivets?

1 Like

I love the bird figurehead. And it even has a compass!

1 Like

Very cool!!

1 Like

This is great, I love the figurehead

1 Like

So cool that it floats! Great design!

1 Like

I love the aesthetic, the shape, and the colors used! And the name is perfect! What a great project!

1 Like

Well this is awesome. Great details. Love the anchor and the bird! :anchor: :bird:

1 Like

โ€œJay-Birdโ€? My @Pigeon had to translate the cool-speech for me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Yay, the birds!

This is quite nifty, I especially like the hot/warm colours against the black & silver. The dove skull mast head is neat-o!

4 Likes

That is an excellent boat! I like the figurehead & the compass is an excellent touch. :grin:

1 Like

Such a cool project! There are so many sweet details to ogle!

1 Like

You did a great job. I agree, there are so many tiny details to check out.

1 Like

Very nice! The colour of the sails is quite vibrant and fun!

1 Like

So many details! Nice crows nest or mast cap for the sailors to stand on for lookout duties - and a wheel to steer her! Love the imagination in this. All hands to raise anchor & set the topsโ€™l, weโ€™re headed out to sea!

1 Like

I love your boat :heart_eyes: You did a great job :muscle: Iโ€™m looking forward to seeing more of your projects!

1 Like

I think I used enamel dot stickers :blush:

1 Like

Very cool. Love all the details, the name, and the fact it actually floats. It looks like a ship in a fantasy book.

1 Like

Amazing job and it works!! very creative

1 Like