The Princess and the Frog

I was torn between posting this in art or paper crafts. Hopefully I made the correct choice!!

I made this as a swap item in the Use What You Have Swap for @grenouille78 and never got around to posting it, which sucks because i really like how it turned out. So, after many, many weeks, here you go!

Created with an X-Acto knife and two pieces of purdy lookin scrap book paper!

My fingers were killing me!

••••••

25 Likes

this is amazing, it almost looks like etched glass not paper. What a beautiful process

2 Likes

WOW! You have mad exacto skeelz! And some serious patience with a blade.

3 Likes

Just another one added to my bucket list thanks to the splendid work I see here. You inspire me!

2 Likes

Wow! This is beautiful.

2 Likes

The patience and precision that this project must have required! Wow. It’s quite a masterpiece!

2 Likes

Wow! And a sharp xacto!

2 Likes

Thank you all! Funny thing, it was quite relaxing cutting this out and not as frustrating as i thought it might be!

4 Likes

Wow that’s really nice!
You drew the image on the back and then cut it on that side too?

2 Likes

This so pretty, lucky partner!

3 Likes

This is gorgeous!! Exceptionally well done! XD

3 Likes

Amazing! You were able to achieve so many intricate details with that x-acto knife…you have nimble fingers!!

3 Likes

My jaw dropped. This is stunning! Absolutely stunning. I love everything about it. Lucky partner!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Princess and the Frog is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

2 Likes

Yes, i drew the image on the back to cut it out then flipped it over

2 Likes

That’s really amazing!

Your hand will thank you if you thicken up the handle of your knife; I wrap mine with craft foam for a soft grip.

2 Likes

It really is beautiful! I have it hanging on the wall here next to me. Some of the cuts are so slender, it’s amazing!

1 Like

I have done several hand-cut papercuts and I just love and appreciate so many pieces of this project! It’s so refreshing to see the manual precision!

This may have been answered higher in the thread, and I’ll go check, but I see so many pieces cut and laid free floating! Is it adhered to the base in some way?

The cutting of her cupped hand is epic!

1 Like

Nothing is free floating, you can’t tell because of the frame hides it, but i actually left a thin border around the edge so everything is held together!

1 Like