The Sagan Bracelet - Needle Felting & Embroidery

To misquote Carl Sagan: “Bullions and Bullions!!”

9 Likes

Beautiful! And I’m totally hearing it in Sagan’s voice. :joy:

1 Like

Cosmic! I absolutely love your color combo, that purple is just gorgeous. It looks like it took a really long time to make.

1 Like

3 days, I think. I’m still wondering if I should have wet felt the foundation bracelet before I began the embroidery. Bullions and Bullions of bullions stitches does take time, but it’s less tedious than French knots and because of the variegated nature of the yarn I was using was interesting to watch it develop. :wink:

1 Like

Love the colors of this. My goodness, all those tiny stitches. You should do a close up look!

1 Like

The “Bullion” stitch may look like a lot of little stitches, but it is made by setting up the stitch, wrapping the thread around the needle and then pulling the thread through the loops to anchor to the foundation. Typically I was doing 7 - 9 loops on every bullion - some were as few as 3 loops, some were as high as 13 - depended on the space of the “set up stitch”

It’s still a lot of work, but much faster than if I was trying to make all those loops individually! :wink:

Absolutely stunning! And aptly named! :smile:

1 Like

Beautiful! Love the colors!

1 Like

WHOA. There is so much tiny detail in this.

1 Like