The Värmland shawl

This shawl was from the third installment of #ullenviärvde (the wool we inherited). It was a collaboration between Tant Kofta, a swedish indie dyer and knitwear designer, and Båvens spinnhus, a smaller scale yarn mill. All packages showcased a Swedish heritage breed, with yarn and pattern suitable for the wool.

This took me around 7 months to finish, and even longer to show it off properly here.

I didn’t have a proper ”finished” photo, so I used the april snow as backdrop.

All colours, except the green border, are natural Värmland sheep colours. Some subscribers got white and grey instead. Värmland sheep are pretty colourful!

Yay! I’ve worn it so much. Both over the shoulders and wrapped around my neck. It’s very warm and cosy.

Summer or spring knitting 2022

It’s knited ”top down” with a temporary cast on. The live stitches are grafted together for a seamless finish. I liked the way the borders matched the icord edging, and how they used dropped yarn owers to make sure they stretch in the finished shawl. Simple, yet effective design.

The finished shawl was lightly brushed when wet for a cosier feel to it. I… might have used a toothbrush for that…

20 Likes

It’s beautiful! From the first picture, I didn’t expect that it was so lacy and airy. It really does look cozy.

1 Like

I love the natural colors. It is really lovely and I bet a nice knit as well…some patterns just turn into such beautiful unexpected pieces. The pop of green is nice, too!

1 Like

So pretty and looks snuggly, too!

1 Like

Nice to see your face :smiley:

1 Like

Beautiful! And so cool to be using the indie stuff!

1 Like

Lovely.

1 Like

Oh, wow. This is gorgeous. Well done.

1 Like

Oh goodness, this is deliriously pretty. It looks like it’s simply dreamy to put on too. Nicely done!

1 Like

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful!!

1 Like

:dove: A little bird told me that you’re fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Chirp chirp! :peacock:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind comments!

This is gorgeous, it looks so snuggly! Great heritage sheep showcase too!

1 Like

just beautiful! and the colors are lovely!
nice job!

1 Like

Wow. this is so pretty! I love the gorgeous natural colors. I love that you used a toothbrush to comb it and make it softer. That makes me love it even more!

2 Likes

Your shawl is gorgeous! I love the colours and the open, lacy knit.

1 Like