These magnets have their eye on you!

I made these magnets with some bits & bobs in my bead stash and some eyeballs I had around :wink: It’s a great way to use up odd beads that I’ve had in stash forever but aren’t my style for jewelry, or other projects. It’s all anchored in some Apoxie Sculpt clay which is incredibly fun to embed things in.

31 Likes

So much fun! Will have to try that method on the not-quite-my-style bits and bobs and beads in my own stash. Very cool!

1 Like

Ooh, these are creepy cool.

1 Like

They remind me of angels (biblical depictions) - so pretty! What a neat way to use up those odd stashed beads

2 Likes

Yes!! More eyeball crafts! :eye: I was literally just reading about Evil Eye beliefs/symbols/practices across various cultures. These would fit right in, both sending an eye back on the person who cast the Evil Eye, and distracting their attention from potential victims (another thing I didn’t know: some cultures believe the Evil Eye comes from good-intentioned people who look admiringly or appreciatively at something/someone). The clay you used sounds like it would be much cleaner to work with than hot glue or some other adhesive, and create a sturdier base.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Yeah they definitely have a evil eye vibe @calluna ! I like the idea of warding off evil and acting as protection.

1 Like

So, so cool. Amazing, & amazingly you!

2 Likes

These are soooo cooool!

1 Like

These are absolutely brilliant! I can’t even pick a favorite. They’re all so uniquely unique. Amazing!

1 Like

The pink one :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love the one you gave me in the OWS!! It is happily on the fridge being pointy and stare-y. :grin::+1::cherry_blossom:. It makes me think of a sea urchin that had a creepy surprise inside. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Funky, creepy, and fun! Very sheep, lol. Love them! That apoxie sculpt is so versatile.

2 Likes

@EriChanHime I thought the same thing about it looking like an urchin creature!

Thanks everyone :heart: I had a lot of fun making these.

2 Likes

These came out so cool! And they are so very YOU. Love 'em.

2 Likes

Just amazing, fantastic job!

1 Like

These are incredible! I love how original and beautiful they are. They are so rich and dymanic. I absolutely LOVE these!

2 Likes

You are the queen of funky stuff! These are awesome!!

Dude…those are RAD!

:star_struck: Well, what do you know, your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :tada:

1 Like

I adore these eyes so much. I love weird decor that stares at you.