Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Those look so good! Thanks for sharing. Let us know how they turn out :grin:

2 Likes

I did a massive project today, Iā€™m wiped out. Iā€™ve been moving my studio out of an upstairs bedroom to move a kid into that space and today we finally got through the final push. Curtains up, art on the walls, books in the bookshelf, the bed set up and bedding in the laundry now. Heā€™ll sleep in there tonight for the first time. Whew, huge job. So glad that part is done.

7 Likes

Hereā€™s a slightly blurry picture of the top right corner of the ATC I finished today :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

6th Feb

It has been a lovely chilled crafty day, so managed to get quite a bit more done on the cross stitchā€¦

Decided I did quite like the pocket letter background, so finished off the ā€˜stitchingā€™, cut it up and added some decorationsā€¦

I also started on an altered thread spoolā€¦

Need to actually try and get some bits finished tomorrow

10 Likes

Cross stitched faster than expected and also managed to finish this:

12 Likes

Love this!!

We made a snowman today:

Also baked some sugar cookies with an old mold pan we have had forever. I was getting it out to donate and my kids wanted to use it instead. :laughing:

14 Likes

That is one very cool snowman!

2 Likes

Day 6: I made a cocktail and thatā€™s it :woman_shrugging: . Hoping for some crafty mojo tomorrow so I can get some swap claims out.

7 Likes

Bottles of ā€œfairy dustā€ for my kid & her friendsā€¦ Still need to do sealing wax or something for the tops, and now there is mica powder everywhereā€¦

11 Likes

Made another ATC today. Here it is in profile :wink:

I also learned a new thing about Russia while doing research on itā€¦ :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

You are so sneaky!

4 Likes

I cobbled together a fridge stew that was actually quite tasty! Neglected to get a pic, but will do that tomorrow. The early days of this challenge are always hard for me because I forget Iā€™m supposed to do something! After a couple weeks it will be a habit.

3 Likes

Todayā€™s wee heart

9 Likes

My gran called that Mustgo soup. Everything in the fridge Must Go!

1 Like

My mom made an amazing crockpot french onion soup recently (lately Iā€™ve been hunting down fun recipes and my awesome mom has been making them while Iā€™m working), and used some of the leftovers in her own hamburger soup recipe later. I mean, she made her tried and true hamburger recipe as is, and then also dumped in the deliciously carmelized onions as well! Soooo good, and got more out of the fridge! XD

2 Likes

My thing for the day was these awesome sweet potato biscuits!

The soup was a new one we tried from a cooking magazine; I usually love everything from that magazine but this one was only fine, not really memorable. But the BISCUITS. I mentioned that it would be nice to have a side, and Mom mentioned biscuits, and for some reason I immediately blurted back SWEET POTATO BISCUITS and then frantically searched online for a recipe. We used this one, and mmmmm:

Honestly, not that strong of a sweet potato flavor came through, but the biscuits just tastedā€¦ biscuity-er, and they were so moist and satisfying to bite into. We didnā€™t even bother with the honey butter, or any butter at all, just ate 'em as is right out of the oven, but Iā€™m sure the honey butter would be divine as well.

Unfortunately other than this I really havenā€™t made much at all in the past three days or so. Iā€™ve been on such a roll for several months now that Iā€™m a little worried. I hope I donā€™t lose my momentum!!

9 Likes

I am so making those biscuitsā€¦I love biscuits of all kinds!

2 Likes

Those look awesome!

Hahaā€¦Mustgo soup.

Love the fairy dust!! Bet it was a hit with the kiddos.

3 Likes

I defrosted my freezer today! Last time I did that was April/May so it really had to happen. And itā€™s cold enough today to store my frozen goods outside for a while.

I found some frozen puff pastry that had been in there for way too long, so I defrosted that to make apple turnovers. I used home-canned apple pieces in syrup for the filling. That was the last jar in the pantry, I need to make more next summer. Mr Imma is always amazed by the secret stashes I have squirreled away in the house. Heā€™s very creative in his own way, and heā€™s a pretty decent cook, but he doesnā€™t realy get that with a small supply of basics you can make almost all food you could potentially crave. When he opens the pantry he just sees jars and not dozens of potential snacks.

I also cut fabric for the handles of a tote bag Iā€™m working on, found back a magazine full of sock patterns that I had been looking for for months (turns out it was in the embroidery box instead of the knitting box) and started a sampler.

5 Likes

I canā€™t see meals in packaged or frozen foods eitherā€¦my husband can see a box of noodles and a package of ground beef and come up with a hundred mealsā€¦I can follow one recipe at a time which is why I am the one who cooks our food delivery meals three times a week. You and others have a marvelous skillā€¦I am learning, thoughā€¦and I do try recipes shared here, especially if not fancy ingredients are needed.

2 Likes