Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Ha! I feel a kinship to you on that one. I am also (mostly) working my yarn stash down. Not to stop doing it but more to get my stash to fit in the shelving i want it to live. That love blanket i just did is actually a c2c pattern that i worked up as a back and forth in order to work solely from stash and in a quicker turn around time.

2 Likes

lol I just realized that I sent off my bulky yarn to a friend…I thought I would never use it…see? That is why yarn people rarely get rid of their stash…lol…it never fails…oh well, I have plenty of WIP projects to do first!!!

EDITED: Found two skeins! YAY!

5 Likes

Day 8: I made a crock pot 'do for dinner, but it’s allll the way in the kitchen, so you’ll just have to take my word for it.

4 Likes

C2C is so simple, it’s repeats of only a couple very easy stitches. Dooooo it!

Day 8 is one last crochet FSM for teenmanboy, he laughed :smile:

11 Likes

I’m almost to the decrease portion of my C2C project!

hahaha another of your great FSMs!

1 Like

Lots of love for FSM @Magpie

You are flying through the yarn @Lynx!

I played around with my free motion foot. Had tension issues in the past. Got frustrated put it away. Thought I’d try again but nothing has changed. Pics are too embarrassing. :see_no_evil::see_no_evil: LOL!

5 Likes

I don’t think there’s a pro-snake saint.

I couldn’t join the Church of the Snake anyway - I’m a Pastafarian, a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. May His noodly appendages touch your life. R’amen. lol

7 Likes

Today I pasted the slithery stack of mail-game ephemera into a book before it could fall on the floor again. Now I just need to decide what I’m doing about the spine…

9 Likes

Oh, and from yesterday:

9 Likes

Dude! That’s the 6th one I’ve made lately, here are the rest!

2 Likes

They’re awesome! Nice to meet a fellow Pastafarian. Arrrgh!

2 Likes

Today I started sourdough bagels, but because my house is so cold they won’t be ready to bake until tomorrow morning! So pictures to come.

2 Likes

Today I made two arms and a leg for an elephant amigurumi! :slight_smile: That’s more than I’ve done in a week or so, so I’m feeling good. Hope to get my momentum back soon!

6 Likes

:smiley: It is currently swag-ing along the edge of the shelf above my desk

3 Likes

Oh a busy weekend. I worked some more on my cross stitch project over the weekend and on Monday. I planned to work on it some more yesterday but saw a video on Reddit for these paper heart book/cards and thought they were super fun! So I made a bunch of them instead.

5 Likes

@Magpie loving the FSM they are brilliant.

@Reinikka your ATCs are fab

I made a thing today, this lockdown has me obsessively making patchwork quilts. My family are starting to point out all the small scraps of fabric that are getting trailed around the house. So I made a box, foam board,hotglue+washi tape, with PVA on top because washi tape never lasts. It’ll sit beside my cutting mat to take all the trimmings.

12 Likes

I just upgraded my tiny scrap box to a giant pretzel jar… :laughing:

4 Likes

I don’t know why that made me giggle, but it did. :pretzel:

1 Like

I have quite a few of those…the ones we have are from COSTCO, so they look like mini clear barrels! I have one for yarn scraps, yo-yos, and mini leftover yarn balls…I love them !

I am working on trying to make the cowl that was posted by you, @Lynx…I have frogged it three times already…I don’t have enough yarn of one color so I am using two different colors…I think I got it now and should be done making it for my thing of the day!

4 Likes

You found some chunky yarn after all? I have three balls of differing shades of black. I may have enough of one type of black to do the center, and then do the weaving parts with the other shades, but I don’t want to mess with it right now. I am going to have to take a brief break from Operation Use Up Yarn to work on a few other things (like an atc claim, Feb stitchalong, and some swap things), but I can multi-task. I still feel like I should work on at least one of my other to-dos before I start another project.

That said, I just finished the C2C item I started last night! It’s not a scarf. It’s not a cowl. It’s not an amigurumi…

its…

…a…
…lined…

…zipper…

…pouch!

The yarn used to be in my grandma’s stash, the fabric was given to me by a friend years ago suggesting it would make good bag liner fabric, and I used one of the many bulk zippers I have!

The next installment of Operation Use Up Yarn might take another day or two. Maybe.

11 Likes