Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Q-snaps are actually my preferred way to embroider, but this little scrap of fabric I want to use is just barely too small for mine. I am actually working on it the regular way, but flipped so you can see my design since I hadn’t started the stitching yet. I could never get behind having the outline on the right side of the fabric, it just feels wrong to me!

3 Likes

My thing for today…now back to work! When Pigs Fly

4 Likes

These hearts just keep coming. I’m now at #6 and still have yarn left but i’m all hearted out so it’s moving into one of the apothecary jars i use for small remnant yarns.

9 Likes

I really want to try a double ended needle! If my q snap is propped up just the right way I actually prefer to stitch with both hands!

2 Likes

Well, I wanted to get this yarn and scarf out of the way. I have this yarn and a combination of sc, dc, and hdc to make this scarf. I have a very small amount of a more red maroon that may sneak in towards the middle or as fringe, but may not be part at all, either.

6 Likes

I prepped some postage stamps for crafting and I made a tutorial :sunglasses:

6 Likes

This made me think of a swap I took part in years ago, called Jar of Hearts. You could have up to 6 partners and could choose to swap one or two small hearts, with the end goal of filling a jar with crafted hearts :smiley:

5 Likes

10th Feb

Not a particularly crafty day, did a bit more on my cross stitch and made a chicken, mushroom and garlic pasta sauce from scratch, so counting that as a win

3 Likes

I was in that one too! Or one of them if there were multiples? So man years ago but I still have my hearts :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I am thinking of crocheting hearts with some red yarn I have, but I’m not there yet.

1 Like

Chocolate banana bread today:

Followed this recipe.

@seeuudee: I made a mushroom chicken garlic dinner too! I used this recipe that my mom recommended. I just took it out of the oven and it smells so good!

7 Likes

The girl wanted chocolate cake but she didn’t want to bake it with me when I offered. Silly girl!
We were already in the kitchen making onigiri rice balls for dinner. No photos, they were gobbled up! We did 3 fillings, diced BBQ pork (from left over take out), ground beef with Worcester sauce & gr onion, minced sesame ginger tofu. We make our own furikaki from toasted whole & ground sesame seeds & coarse sea salt to sprinkle on them.

5 Likes

Oohh I would like to see a recipe for those, they sound yum

1 Like

We did read a couple but then ended up making our own. It’s basically salted sticky rice squished around filling. Easy & messy good fun, lol. You should have seen one kid’s face though, omg, like we were torturing him with dinner.

1 Like

Wow! Sounds amazing!

1 Like

You can do little rice balls, work with cooled sticky rice, squish a bit in your hand & make a divot with thumb, fill with tasty stuff, squish closed, roll a little to pack & smooth out circle shape. If too sticky, wet your hands but only a little or the rice falls apart! Roll in sesame seeds or crushed whatever, it helps reduce stickiness & keep shape. You could fill with pb&j if you mixed them together & added something like crushed peanuts or pretzels, coconut, chopped dried fruit to firm it up a bit. Bet your kids would love eating those!

1 Like

I have had cold fingers all week from the cold. So I decided to make some mittens since I am terrible about having proper winter gear. These are pretty thin. But I really just wanted something between my hands and my steering wheel. They are very soft. It’s part of a blanket panel I got in a mystery pack from (I think) Moon Bean Textiles. It wasn’t a panel I would ever use as a blanket so I decided to use some for the mittens.

5 Likes

Day 10: Made brownies that I’m too lazy to photograph.

2 Likes

I admit that I snagged the mushroom garlic chicken recipe…and then got lost in the internet and found a bread recipe that looks pretty simple…is it too late to bake bread at night? Yeah, I will wait until morning since you have to let it rise and sit and such…“now” does not happen with bread…oh well

2 Likes

Oooh, that looks good, will pin that for another day :smiley:

2 Likes