Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

@poetrylover828 - that came out awesome! Is it stretchy fabric? I want to make an article of clothing this year…goals!

@Magpie - that looks so perfect for the space now! Of course the fabric is perfectly centered.

@AntBee - Ahh! Pattern emerging!

@Reinikka - I love the second ATC…so calming.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a knit of some sort. My mom and I have gotten into custom fabric the last couple of years. But most companies focus on knits. So we have been buying too much knit for never really sewing with it.

You can find pj pants using cotton or flannel online to try clothes without having to buy something new.

2 Likes

Sprouted lentils! For a friend I gave a spare Mason jar sprouting lid too. I have lots of seeds for him, this is a tasty sample to try while sprouting his own.

My lunch today is a salad with sprouted red clover, lentils & fenugreek.

9 Likes

Day 16: Do snow angels count?

13 Likes

I took a video of Mt. Catsmore in action, figured out online hosting, and linked it to my LC post! I haven’t written HTML in years!

6 Likes

Fun! Look at all that snow!

Today’s thing: fabric twine!

Been wanting to try it for a while. I love the scrappy look. It took longer than anticipated and my fingers want to fall off but it’s so worth it. :heart:

14 Likes

It’s surprising how long it actually takes, isn’t it? What are you going to make with it?

1 Like

It’s also why sewing people don’t get rid of their fabric as often as they should. As soon as they do it’s this:
“Oh, I have fabric that would be PERFECT for that project!” Goes hunting for said fabric, doesn’t find it, looks all over for it again (including places in their stash areas they’ve already looked for it twice), starts to get aggravated because they just KNOW they have the perfect fabric and it’s here somewhere…

…only to realize they just got rid of it.

ARGHHH!!! Death to organization!

And promptly goes online to hunt for another perfect fabric because they must do that project.

(Don’t ask me how I know this.)

6 Likes

I really these Xmas ornaments:

But I’m keeping an open mind too.

6 Likes

There is a bag on the porch the kids forgot to put out with the trash last week. I’m about to tear it open & retrieve the t-shirt squares I decided I wasn’t ever going to sew into a quilt. Because now I need to make a t-shirt quilt for a friend. No word of a lie, this classic scenario is playing out for me RIGHT NOW!
Also, it’s garbage day so I had better not wait or that other classic scenario will play out too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Go get them right now!

(And I totally understand digging in the trash for fabric pieces.)

1 Like

Absolutely have to - it was made. Also I am so jealous, we had just enough snow to create a 2" snowman :frowning:

16th Feb

Just some more cross stitch today, but feels like a significant point has been reached today…

12 Likes

Since the cover was a square, it took a lot of piecing to turn it into another shape. Bit tedious but I do like the result. It needed to be fused to felt since the fabric was delicate. I hope it lasts, that headboard was a literal pain the the BACK!

Snow angels count.
That twine, whoo!
I am amazed at all the shades of yellow in that cross stitch, wow.

Still attempting to comment on everybody’s projects in their topic threads :).

5 Likes

That headboard rejiggery pokery is one of those projects that are a PITA but so good when you get it right. I love that fabric choice

@Abbeeroad I love that twine!

@seeuudee that cross-stitch is coming on really well.

I made a thing today (yesterday I made pizza and a yummy cinnamon babka kind of thing, which got eaten before pictures).

There is a wild hive of native honey bees near the eaves of my house. They are important as our native bee (like so many bees) are under threat. So these are an important genetic reservoir. It’s a really healthy hive, as it swarms at least twice in a season. They are placid and they do their own thing, living their tiny bee lives, with no interference from anyone.
But I noticed that they have woken up now that the cold snap is over. So I made this to celebrate the bees awakening.

12 Likes

@Abbeeroad That twine is beautiful! I have a bag of twine and fabric strips for adding to it. I only use mine for tying gift bags though, nothing fancy :slight_smile:

@Edel I love your bee art! It’s so dreamy :heart_eyes:

Today I made clean laundry, unsuccessfully stalked the mail box (will check again later…), made a “template” (aka the plan didn’t turn out perfect) for some 4"x6" art, and made one ATC!

Will probably do more later but now I’m hungry :yum:

8 Likes

The roads were bad from our ice storm, so I had to reschudule my sinus surgery again. We were without power since 8 pm last night. It didn’t come back on until an hour ago. Even though I didn’t really craft anything today, I took more bird pictures with my new camera (with our icy background), edited them, and uploaded and ordered prints from Snapfish for more bird cards! I also ordered more fabric for my mountain quilt.

5 Likes

I love the fabric twine…and making those ornaments (balls) might be what my bored cats would play with!

I got up very early this morning to put some pork into the crock pot…I am making shredded pork to try out @Abbeeroad’s recommendation for Banh Mi sandwiches! While it was cooking away, I went to a seafood market down the street to pick up shrimp and oysters for tonight…Fat Tuesday, so we had to have Po Boy Sandwiches New Orleans style! While I was out (I rarely go out and only within about 5 miles from home), I picked up French bread and cookies at the bakery and did some grocery shopping at the Asian market. It was nearly 70 degress here, so it was a lovely day to be out.

I also sewed on a few more patches on my big project…ugh…hand stitching on heavy canvas is rough on the hands.

2 Likes

I hope you like the recipe!!

2 Likes

Nothing too crazy today. Worked on picking out some fabric for a project.

3 Likes

Here you go! ATC envelope tutorial :grin:

3 Likes