Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

So far, so good! I was very tired and fell asleep around 10 but woke up at 5 am…lol…I will take a day or two of feeling lousy over being dead…my arm is not sore like the first one…thanks for asking!

5 Likes

@AntBee that hat is glorious. I’m holding my breath waiting to see it completed. I couldn’t imagine creating such a complex thing with yarn.

@Edel but… you don’t like to crochet? Is this your concession to a packing/travel craft? Are you getting into it?

2 Likes

Kinda, I’ve got my emergency craft box packed (nothing else much packed, but priorities!) crochet is just to keep me busy while spending time with the family watching TV. I don’t mind crochet, however knitting is dead to me.

5 Likes

What an excellent idea! We have a small alcove by the garage filled with everything we need to take with us in case of evacuation for hurricanes…cat carrying boxes, water, food, etc. I need to add a small tote filled with crafting supplies that can be done in a shelter or hotel! I will work on that this weekend before I forget. Hurricane season starts about June!

4 Likes

This is what’s in mine

Embroidery floss+hoop and fabric.
Paper ephemera, glue, ink pads, stamps, washi tape, box cutter
Watercolours, paintbrushes.
Scissors+needles+regular sewing thread.

I’m covered!!

6 Likes

Today we made lanterns…Ruby’s pick. Here’s our messy table:

And the finished lanterns:

Inspired by: Plastic Jar Lanterns with Kids

13 Likes

Brilliant idea! I hope you’ll not need it but if you do have to evacuate, you’ll probably have lots of stressful waiting time. A small craft could really help. I have read about women knitting socks in WWII air raid shelters.

2 Likes

Those are cute! (You could also do them the other side up and the drop in a battery tea-light!)

2 Likes

I finished whatever this is, but can’t share more than a teaser as it is for a swap. I wish I could because I am really proud of it. I’m in several swaps, so it could possibly be for any of you…
or I could be fudging and it’s happy mail…
Who knows?

6 Likes

Ooo…great idea!

1 Like

19th Feb

As most days, a bit more on my cross stitch, plus finished the background and cut up into inchies and twinchies

8 Likes

You are no fun! ha ha

1 Like

You all have been making SO MANY THINGS a day!! I’m behind on posting and reading, but I am just popping in to say that while I haven’t FINISHED many things this week (just an elephant and some ATCs), I have made a LOT of progress on… five? separate crochet projects. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Maybe if I stuck to one I could actually finish it! But I am crafting every day! Definitely a thing’s worth! XD

7 Likes

The kids have been learning to bake but sometimes their ideas exceed their actual desire to complete projects. There’s been a block of unsalted butter “softening” on the counter for the better part of a week after a small batch of cookies was baked by girlchild. That stuff goes bad! I decided to whip up a batch of chocolate shortbread with it before it spoiled. There were complaints about not enough sugar so some quick caramel sauce was born.

We were out of heavy cream so I used:

• 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • ½ cup butter
  • ¼ cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Optional)
    Boil gently for 2 mins.

The rest of the sauce will be used to entice people to finish off the last batch of apple crumble from the freezer. I used tart apples and nobody likes it.

7 Likes

Day 19: I harvested some words/images from ads for future use and then made some cookies (not with the paper bits).

The cookies are this recipe with some of the butter swapped for peanut butter.

5 Likes

Still more rows on the hat:

13 Likes

I didn’t feel very craft-productive today but I did manage to get two ATCs done (and stash busted along the way!)

9 Likes

I crocheted two baskets today. My phone is charging so I will have to post pics tomorrow!

I also cleaned out a basket that had a bunch of fabrics in it and put them in their proper places…now that everything is organized, I can make a mess again!

7 Likes

I love the use of the mini maths tools :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It is so beautiful already.

2 Likes