Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Unbelievably cool! It’s looking so cool already.

Two baskets made yesterday…holding a crochet hook was all I could manage with the sore spot on my palm from wart removal “surgery”…

11 Likes

I’ve noticed a big mistake arrgh

1 Like

Love the first little basket!

I got some bleach stains on one of my favorite shirts a while ago. I couldn’t bring myself to get rid of it so I’m trying to revive it with some bleach tie-dye. Added snow into the mix because why not? No clue if this will turn out.

Thinking of adding some dye on top after the bleach. But I think I want to see if the bleach works first.

7 Likes

20th Feb

Had to frog a little of the frame on my cross stitch today, the vertical was correct, but I was off by one on the horizontal, but frogged it, replaced it and completed a little more today

7 Likes

Oh no! That’s the worst. Glad you’re back on track.

Results of the bleach dye:

Bleached more than intended because of the slow melt but I don’t hate it. Going to wear it for a bit see how I feel before potentially overdyeing.

9 Likes

Day 20: I finally finished the piece I was working on for the 4x6 swap and made some biscuits (this time with bacon). I also made a mess when the garbage disposal leaked all over its cabinet, so I think I’m done for the night…

2 Likes

Oh, wow, those rulers take me back! I had totally forgotten about those.

1 Like

Teeny weeny wee crocheted crowns, working on the how-to.

13 Likes

Bah! Adorable! :star_struck:

1 Like

I feel like you could draw a little smiley on your finger and give it a crown. :princess:t2:

1 Like

The 2nd Pumpkin Bear from Operation Use Up Yarn has been spotted!

9 Likes

During the week I made more progress on my afghan, and today so far I’ve made one ATC and just finished a second cuttlefish! XD[Uploading:

12 Likes

Loving all of the yarn projects!

The tiny crown, the pumpkin bears and a cuttlefish…where else would those three exist simultaneously? lol

5 Likes

Have not posted in a while. So is from many days this.

Picture is page in art journal format A6, cardstock scraps cut into mini tiles, wall is acrylic white paint with earth green pigment mixed into it gives a grainy wall texture, gold acrylic paint around tiles, windowsill vases pots curtain used watercolors.
Glass beads bracelet and 2 seed beads bracelets no pattern just freestyle.
A try out of Nuvo drops on transparency sheet left to dry and got a few off it but must be easier way to remove. The few I remove glued well into art journal .

No picture …upcycled empty bonbons box to keep the WIP 's Xmas watercolor cards.Added a strip of 3 bits of bias tape leftovers hand sewn together to have it tied into ribbon , added strips of paper with contents written on it.

Hand sewn junk journal cover. Added ephemera to junk journal.

Hand sewn bag for my coloring book with an inside pocket to hold coloring pencils and a small separate small bag for a few pastels that temporarily closes with a pin.

Hand sewn reticule bag with inside pocket and a tiny bag for the lip balm.

Painted acrylic paint background a sea, is still WIP. Slightly larger than A5.

7 Likes

So many cool things @AIMR I love those yarn basket

@Magpie ack, such cute crowns!

@roler that cuttle fish is awesome

@Lynx such fabulous teddies!

I’m making progress on Audrey 2, I fixed the mistake and I’m really happy with how she’s turning out. Bottom strip to do now and it’s the most complex!

11 Likes

It truly amazes me how quick you are at quilting…even at the harder paper piecing! She’s fantastic!

2 Likes

It is simply incroyable, astonishing, really. I don’t know why I am surprised, I should have expected you would tackle and make short work of that daunting project.

I posted a loose tutorial for the mini crowns.

Here’s another one displayed on the stars Mollie made for me.

6 Likes

I found a mostly unused kit for these at the thrift store ages ago and made a few but was frustrated at the odd loops left over so went hunting for more. Who knew they would be so expensive? And oddly numbered. I’ve completed the rest and still have odd loops leftover! I give up on this craft, lol.

8 Likes

Very colorful and useful…I feel the same way about yarn…I seem to need to buy more yarn to use up leftover yarn…the cycle never ends!!

You could use the left overs for masks…

Today, since I feel a bit unwell, I am working on my LC address book…I bought a kraft paper A5 journal and want to decorate it…going to treat is sort of like an art journal, swap journal, notes, etc. Tired of corralling all of the bits and pieces of paper that I normally do…let’s see how long this habit lasts…lol

2 Likes