Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

It got a little granular after sitting on the counter for a day. Still delish but not smooth.

Today I’m sorting out all the little bits & bobs to finish this studio move. I took some time to add a layer of fulled wool sweater fabric under the mini ironing board cover though. A day without crafting is a sad day. 7 days without crafting makes one weak :wink:

3 Likes

28th Feb

Not able to share the swap item I am working on, so a picture of the rubbish pile instead :rofl:

And the only day this month I have not worked on any cross stitch :open_mouth:

8 Likes

You scare me sometimes…how we are on the same wavelength…I took apart a tote bag I had fulled because I did not like it as a tote…I thought it would make a great wool pressing pad…eerie!!!

Day 27 (a day late): I did a couple of the exercises from the art journaling class.
20210227_143039
20210228_133620
Day 28: More cheesy biscuit sandwiches. (What can I say? They make me happy.)

@AcadianDriftwood, thanks for running this again. See you all back here next year!

3 Likes

Day 28: i’ve spent some time on the hat and if this child ever sleeps i’m hoping to finish it before midnight. I have about 20 rows left. :crossed_fingers:
(She woke at 4:30 am and refused to nap during naptime. The little lamb.)

2 Likes

Closing out Feb with my art journal:

C’mon @AntBee, you can do it!!

7 Likes

I didn’t craft every day this month. But I did get some stuff worked on. Today I started cutting out the pieces I need to make a sweater. I haven’t done much for clothes sewing but I’m very excited to get this worked on.

4 Likes

Well I started out this craftalong strong but life had other ideas for how I should spend my energy. But I decided that I should at least finish Feb with doing something. I did the backgrounds on some emu egg projects a few months ago and they have been waiting for there animals and ground work.

8 Likes

I finished her! Thank you all for your support each time I posted progress.

And happy end of February everyone! I’ll see you here again next year. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

It was a fun and challenging month! I enjoyed trying to find one thing a day, but some days it was a stress if the day was nearing end and I hadn’t done anything worth noting…

Today I made another ATC. I’m not thrilled with it, but I do like it. I used some scrap pieces/odd pieces and hand wrote the words (something I usually avoid). I also used some washi tape that I haven’t broken into yet :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I finished my final project for February!

11 Likes

oh those are so cute!

1 Like

Forgot to post a pic of the mitts I made from the sleeves of a sweater I shrank. Decided to add a bit of embroidery to them as well…this was yesterday or the day before’s project.

12 Likes

Here’s part of what kept me so busy this month. I absolutely LOVE this space! It’s in our living room, by the windows. Practically the first thing you see when coming into the house. I was trying to sew here but it got ridiculously messy so that’s all in the basement now and this spot is reserved for yarn work, embroidery, beading, and some non-messy paper crafting. I’m excited to get busy making allthethings!

Thanks for running this challenge again @AcadianDriftwood. It’s become a solid fave for me, I really appreciate the motivation :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Wonderful space!

I know you have your crafting stuff squeezed, have you seen these Ivar fold up table tops? They have deep and also lower profile shelves, maybe you might have space somewhere for something like this? Extra bonus, that table folded up hides mess! That’s always the biggest issue for me, not wanting to totally clean up between projects but also really not wanting to look at the untidy piles either, haha.

1 Like

What an awesome creative space!

Sadly, no, but some day!

Your space looks great! A fine place to craft.

I managed to finish the hat! After midnight, so technically in March, but still finished!

Thanks for running this motivation boost again this year I really do love it! It’s so social and fun!

11 Likes