Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Wow! That cardinal is gorgeous!!

2 Likes

I am definitely going to ask my maintenance person to get me a bird feeder set up this spring…we had several at our old house to attract beautiful birds…I have no idea what birds we have here, except I know we have egrets poking at the lawn… and crows…I just saw a bunch of robins and mocking birds…we do have jays and cardinals and loads of bluebirds…it will be fun to sit out this year now that we are more settled!

Your pictures are wonderful as are your birds!

4 Likes

Oh, all this bird talk reminds me! If you’re in Washington state (I know a lot of us are), please take down your bird feeders! Apparently there’s a bird pandemic happening now as well, and they want the BIRDS to social distance, so are asking people to take down feeders that encourage birds to congregate.

3 Likes

Whoa…

1 Like

oh wow…I am going to check our state website…thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

Awesome @Edel! Love that fabric. :heart_eyes:

My fabric is in the hands of the dye gods now…

9 Likes

Wow! What’s that dark stuff spread on top?

1 Like

It’s powder dye. These are just leftovers I had in my stash, I don’t even have brand info anymore, but I think it’s mostly iDye by Jacquard. I might have gotten a little carried away, haha. It comes out so fast!

3 Likes

Cool! I look forward to seeing the result! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too! :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Me three!!!

2 Likes

Alrighty…its been two hours. Is it ready yet?! :joy: I love seeing how it turns out.

My Feb 3rd Things: Cross stitched a bit and made an ATC!

4 Likes

3rd Feb

Had to listen into a 2 hour webinar for work today and I struggle to just sit and listen, so carried on with the cross stitch - managed to get to Le Puff :rofl:

And after work added some of the surrounding area

And after dinner I worked on the beginnings of a mini book. It is going to be rainbow themed, plus a white page and a black page. Managed to get the base book made and the black and yellow pages done

8 Likes

Haha…not yet…tomorrow!

1 Like

I’m not feeling super crafty today but my crock pot soup should be done in the next hour or so and I made the tiniest dent in my envelope paper pile… assembled 17 little envies

11 Likes

Those are adorable!

3 Likes

Day 3: I finally finished hand binding some button holes on a gift for a friend. It was not too difficult but pretty intimidating and seeing the wee stitches was a challenge for my eyes. You can see a lack of perfection but still pretty good, all things considered.

9 Likes

Surprise surprise… I cut more fabric scraps :rofl: Will probably be done tomorrow and then I can get back to quilting. All those scraps have given me about a dozen ideas. I may run out of fabric before we’re out of lockdown…

3 Likes

:astonished: wow thats a crazy story!

1 Like

For day 2 and 3 I knitted a bit on a hat I’ve been working on until my wrist started bothering me. Which unfortunately wasn’t very long. Going to have to switch up projects for tomorrow.

3 Likes