Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

They look yummy. Now I want a pretzel, but I’ll have to settle for a frozen one.

2 Likes

Last night I finished an ATC, so my thing for the day wasn’t just biscuits (although seriously. the biscuits were good). I’m glad to have finished some art, though! I’m gonna make some more ATCs today. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I made things.

A pouch from fabric I dyed and printed.

I also made a challah, which is making the house smell amazing.i also made things for two lovely people here, but no spoilers.

And I made 12 economy quilt blocks.

13 Likes

That pouch is beautiful!

1 Like

Love the bee pouch!

I managed to finish two more hearts and used up almost all of my DGY yarn before I receive the next shipment! Made three hearts total for RAK…started a fourth heart and ran out of yarn, so I frogged it and made tassels for future use. The little pile is all I have left of scraps!

11 Likes

I started my Pumpkin Bear patch (instead of a scarf!) as part of Operation Use Up Yarn today. It didn’t use much yarn, but sure is cute! More will be coming!

8 Likes

I made three things today. Yay!

The middle ATC features a stamp of Hana Kvapilová who I read a little about on good ol’ Wikipedia

9 Likes

Beautiful use of the stamps as a focal point! These are really pretty.

Here’s my Mustgo Stew from yesterday! Not the most photogenic meal, but I tried. It has onions, black beans, tomato puree, swiss chard (all from the farm where I work) and lots of spices, served with mixed grains and sour cream.

And today’s thing, decorating the monthly landing page of my workbook. I went with a washi tape bonanza that covers the writing bleed-through from the other sides, and one vintage illustration.

9 Likes

Day 7: Made a Singles Awareness Day ATC. I’ll try to get a better photo tomorrow in daylight.

And here’s a bonus sneak peek of a piece I started today for the 4x6 Art Swap - R3, though it may end up being for me because I’m really liking it :laughing:.

8 Likes

Day 7
This is what happens when you don’t follow a pattern & try to make multiples, lol!

14 Likes

I finished an ATC tonight!! Hooray! Can’t show it yet though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Aww! It’s a baby!

3 Likes

Cute!

1 Like

That’s so cute!

1 Like

Actually, I made an even smaller one first.

Here’s the baby!

8 Likes

Finally snow…17 cm…
The monday housekeeping and looking at all that snow from my windows.
Coloring a fairy dress in peach/coral.
Added satin ribbons bits to paperclips.
Made JJ notecards from a recent perfume catalog, glued white copy paper on backs and washi tapes in colors matching the fronts.
Cut out pieces of a free pattern from Sew4Home.com
Coloring waterlilies in pink.
Trying to find my Baltimore Quilt printables.
QuiltNow.co.uk magazine is not published anymore ? Why not?

3 Likes

I received a special request from a theater acquaintance. I hope she likes it :grimacing: For some reason I get more nervous sending ATCs to people outside of the Lettuce Craft swap circle…

“A Canker in the Hedge” according to the script notes the canker he is referring to is a wild dog rose that is despised as a weed. So I found the most dog rose-ish sticker I have :sweat_smile: also pretty washi tape :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Pretty! Gorgeous background.

We just finished making some tube animals, but the girls are currently playing with them. It was just a kit from their grandparents, so I’m hoping to get something else done today…famous last words, right?

4 Likes

I’m just letting this yarn be as many little hearts as it wants to be. These are this morning’s newbies.

11 Likes
  • Defrosted the fridge! Did the freezer yesterday. I always hate doing it but cold days are the best for this.
  • Worked on my denim quilt
  • Worked on a cross stitch sampler
3 Likes