Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

I’ve been spending the afternoon piecing together 4th grade art collages into sides for a tote bag to auction at the end of the school year. A quick quilt to batting is next, then time to start putting together!

9 Likes

I can’t wait to read the specs on this one! It is a fantastic project…involved lots of steps it seems, from selecting the pieces to fit together to printing, etc…looks good and like a modern piece of art that will be useable!

2 Likes

@Lynx That tote bag is going to be so gorgeous

So, flower card take two - didn’t worry about decorating the petals this time, just wanted to see if it worked. And reused the card, hence the purple petal tip from the first attempt. Thank you @GMPNQ for the link, the placement was so much easier to follow. I think I was gluing too far down the petal, rather than just the tip.

Much happier with this result, so tomorrow’s attempt is going to be with decorated petals :smiley:

10 Likes

No crafting yesterday - helped my friends move, and then out late at D&D. If I want to stretch it, I can say I helped create a home and a story. But no pics! Today I will work on something else.

4 Likes

So glad you experimented and got it to work…those are really pretty…I pinned some of them from your link to try when I have a spare moment… I certainly have the paper…

2 Likes

I completed my 4th grade art tote bag. Check it out!

1 Like

I’m really into meal prepping, so I played with a new idea for a breakfast option, a low carb savory breakfast “cookie”.

These are amazing and definitely going on my prep line up!

6 Likes

That looks really yummy.

1 Like

mmm I make something similar but in my silicon muffin tin…I will have to try these … always looking for a quick breakfast

1 Like

Well, daylight wasn’t forthcoming, so here’s a meh shot of yesterday’s finish. The papers are bits of some old Yellow Pages and the French-language installation instructions for my fridge.

Nothing made today; will try again tomorrow.

6 Likes

Finished cutting, collating, & folding Sekrit Projekt, fixed a pair of my kid’s pants, spent 45 minutes or so battling the craft room. Nothing to see here…

2 Likes

Did my goal rows plus a few extras on the blanket project. It’s a wicked yarn eater so I think I’ll need to order some more to have on-hand. It’s hard to tell because I’m sort of winging this and don’t want to have to do Real Math to figure things out more specifically… plus, more yarn! lol

3 Likes

I love seeing all the projects people are working on. Did a little more today on my shawl but not as much as I wanted to do.

2 Likes

I work on Wednesdays so I am working on my shawl for a few rows before I head to bed…I really like this shawl but the pattern is quite boring.

1 Like

5/29 … today I crocheted a row on my shawl and started a t-shirt quilt for a friend.

3 Likes

I have 4-5 t-shirt quilts I want to make–that I need to start-- but can’t finish until my kids outgrow shirts that will go in these!

2 Likes

Not really feeling it atm, but did manage to get my bigshot out yesterday and embossing some metal shim using the lino block cut last week and a texture plate.

This morning I’ve made an accordion book and mounted my print samples. Seemed a good way to shows lots without taking up pages and pages of my sketchbook.

All the bits I trimmed off got glued down to start a masterboard.

6 Likes

The accordion book is a great solution!

And, yay for masterboards!

2 Likes

Love that you document your results…like creating your own reference guide!

1 Like

Our sons were 25 and 28 when I made theirs :smiley:

2 Likes