Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

Whew, hefty month. Very sorry about your older cat, and glad to hear the other is starting to get better. It sounds like even so, you’re still creating more often than the average human being, so don’t sell yourself short! Any moment you have carved out to be creative is good for your health. The finished product is a more whole you. :relaxed:

3 Likes

I finished my Sekrit Projekt, and then made ridiculous calendar-page envelopes to send it out in, and now I am mostly hip-deep in planning craft projects for my kid’s birthday party on Saturday.

Aha! Now I know why I’ve had the song “Secret Lovers” (“yeah, that’s what we are…”) in my head all the past week. It started with your posting of this phrase. It’s been driving me batty, wondering WHY??? :sweat_smile: One mystery down…

Here are the ATCs I finished over the past few days, while trying to get the earworm to be quiet:

“Artsy fartsy, yeah, that’s what we are…”

Background made by @geekgirl; the cogs didn’t show up as clearly as I’d hoped when adding my stuff on top, so I outlined them to make them stand out a little more.

I gave myself the ongoing challenge of making an ATC for each of the U.S. state flags, and they’re all kinda wonky so far but the challenge remains.

6 Likes

Fun challenge with the state ATCs!

Coming in to this a little late, but we still have 10 days of February to go. I think I will jump in with my entire To Do List and then set a short term goal. Please note that I have a grand-daughter due any minute between now and February 28th, so this could all go up in smoke…

Short Term Goal - Sew a Blessing Suit for my new grandson, Issac. He will be blessed on March 8th, so this project needs to be complete by February 29 for mailing.

Long Term List

1. Minkie Strip Quilt for Grandson Issac
  2. 6 Pre-1840 Reproduction Boys Shirts for Mtn Man Rendezvous events
  3. 6 Pre-1840 Reproduction Girls Dresses for Mtn Man Rendezvous events
  4. Denim Quilt that I have been making for my son for 6 years
  5. Tell the Bees Quilted Throw
  6. Lightbulb Pumpkins for September Club Meeting
  7. Club Christmas Nativity Ornaments
3 Likes

You have some cool sounding projects on your list!

If you want a longer term craft-a-long for projects there is also this thread:

2 Likes

My Very-Nearly-7YO recommends tomorrow for birthdays. :grin:

Good luck with the projects, before or after the new arrival!

3 Likes

I’ve been crafting most days. on days I don’t come home straight from work I don’t always craft if I get home too close to bed time.

I’ve been working on several projects but when I want something mindless and not messy I’ve been working on a lap blanket for myself.

and its cat approved

The yarn and bag the yarn is in (made by @WingsoftheWind are also cat approved.

10 Likes

I thought I was making great (for me) progress on my Second Sock the past two days but today at lunch I figured out I’d made a rather big mistake in the ribbing the leg of the sock and I’m going to have to rip back to the cuff. So much for the hope I could get the pair done in a month!!

4 Likes

I just saw that one…I will take my lovely long term list and put it in where it belongs! Not what you think…I will put it in the 50 Projects for 2020.

2 Likes

oh no…there must be some sort of sock curse…it seems everyone is having problems with socks this month! Love that yarn…you still have time…we have another week to go!

@JoyfulClover and I are going to swap hoopla, so that gives me something to start planning and working on as I wait for the March stitchalong theme!

Today, I have written a little bit on a letter to my penpal, as well.

We will do the hoop thing, @Lynx! Swap on!!

I made up for some “lost” time today, since I spent the last three days on the road.

I made another cross body bag. The finishing step about drove me up a wall. I have another cut out and ready to assemble, but I decided to step away from it instead.

I’ve been playing with boxed pouch patterns today, different sizes and shapes.

6 Likes

I made a spool of fabric twine using up most of my green strip stash! It is wrapped around a mailing tube, so there is a good bit there. Not exactly sure what I will use it for yet, but thinking I will use it as stems for flowers in some mixed media work…

Also, had to make another trip to the DMV to tag and register my other car, so I was able to knit a few more rows on a scarf that I have been working on for over a year…I am almost out of yarn so it must be close to done!

6 Likes

I like that size…I, too, want to make a lot more pouches…

1 Like

I cut up my masterboard ATCs and cut a bunch of people from an old reference book to feature on them. They should be finished and revealed tomorrow!

3 Likes

I finished construction on the sweater. After having to redo the neckline to accommodate her not-so-wee noggin. First i added increases but didnt like how that looked so frogged it and redid it with just a stretchy bind off and that did the trick. Now to weave ends and add duplicate stitch embellishment.
My needed yarn arrived for the big blanket yesterday so that can get worked on again, too.

2 Likes

I haven’t been doing too much crafting this last week. I have been helping do some cleaning and creating a new DnD character to use for a one shot or two. So nothing super crafty but still doing something at least.

2 Likes

20/29 … yesterday I added several rows to my baby afghan while babysitting grand daughter 1.

This evening we fly home so I’ll crochet on the flights.

4 Likes