Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

I like this. I have a crocheted shawl that I need to get finished. So this might help me get it worked on more.

3 Likes

Hmmm… But did you make anything at all that day? Like even a sandwich? Did you do your hair in any creative way? Wait! Did you make your bed?? I know it isn’t the same thing, but… maybe? (I do love finding loopholes… haha!)

4 Likes

I do enjoy your creative definition of…well, creativity! (and I ALWAYS make my bed)

I’m using that one day as a mental rock in my shoe. Because it’s really bugging me. So hopefully the next time I will make sure to fit in at least SOMETHING.

1 Like

Ohhh, that’s clever. Smart thinking!

2 Likes

I need this thread to keep me on track to get my boro purse done for the Functional Stitchalong!

I am going to do a patch a day or something to decorate my purse.

I am going to use today and tomorrow to make sure I have all the embroidery threads and supplies I need…can’t wait to get this project done…it has been on my list for a long time.

Feb 28-29 Shawl (completed in March)
Feb 23- 27

Feb 26
Feb 22toilet%20mugrug
Feb 19 worked on red knit scarf Feb 20 Feb 21 worked on studio curtains
Feb 14 olga Feb 15 & 16 Feb 17&18 worked on crochet shawl
Feb 11 yellowduster Feb 12 greenduster Feb 13
Feb 6 Feb 7 Feb 8 Feb 9 “Frame” for cross stitch
Feb 1 Feb 2 Feb 3 Feb 4 Feb 5

I did it! Not quite the way I intended, but at least I crafted or cooked everyday in February…and boy, am I ready for a more relaxed pace! Whew! ha

4 Likes

I found this JUST IN TIME! I will try my best to be creative every day. I don’t know if I will manage the whole month as I’ll have a visitor for 5 days, BUT I’m going to try :smiley:

3 Likes

Food counts! Make your visitor something yummy to eat! You got this!

1 Like

I downloaded this. I really like the app. Just wish you got more than 3 free things to track. But I really like the color graph of your progress

1 Like

I have a video crafting date this morning! If I can find the safety doll eyes I’ll finish the travel craft I’ve been carrying around in my purse. The other things I’m working on is one of those can’t show until it’s done projects, of course :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

After having no free time to craft for all of January while running the Garage Sale, I’m going to try my hardest to participate here every day this month. (It helps that I don’t have to run or keep track of anything for this craftalong!) Having a freshly cleaned off jewelry area ready to go in a nice incentive. As is having 3 in-progress skirt alterations cluttering up my cutting table, and a brand new-to-me embroidery machine that I haven’t had a chance to test out yet. Thank you for doing this @AcadianDriftwood!

4 Likes

We have missed your creations! Glad you are back on the boards and can’t wait to see what you make! YAY! Jennie is back!

2 Likes

Yeah, first item finished :wink:

Started yesterday, finished this afternoon.

9 Likes

Yay welcome to the first day everyone! (And for those where it’s already the 2nd, how did you do?)

Nice work @GMPNQ!

2 Likes

Thanks to @AIMR, I can start adding red to my sunset color themed fabric rope wreath!
@LadybugsAndBees, I think I’ll work up a tutorial for a wreath, but fabric rope is basically just wrapping fabric around itself, but twisting a bit before you do. Here Inam getting ready to add a new strip.

8 Likes

Here’s something I’d had in my projects bin for a little over year now - turning holiday cards into an ornament! These are from 2018, so I will be doing one for 2019 soon and making a post with pattern links.

9 Likes

I am working in my art journal today

11 Likes

I created a cocktail- I’m sure that counts. Equal parts peach schnapps, slow gin, lemon juice and two parts cranberry juice+Ice. I’d post a picture, but it’s all gone.

Hang on. I also made duck tacos today. Duck breasts roasted with a little cumin, fresh pineapple salsa (scallions, cherry Tom’s, pineapple, chilli and juice) quick pickled red cabbage in a flour tortilla, with coriander.

Also all gone :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: @Edel, I edited your post. Because despite how often autocorrect is WRONG about what I wanted to say, I’m pretty sure in this case you really did mean DUCK breast and not f@&k breast. :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

@MistressJennie thank you! Stoopid phone…

1 Like

It’s feb 2 here - this is what I was working on yesterday, inspired by @AIMR’s manila folder journal.

About to do some more with it this afternoon - it’s super fun just playing with paint and paper and bits!

9 Likes