Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

Did another 6 rows of secret crochet project last night. Today I finally finished the last of 3 silk sari skirts that I was altering. (Finished the other two over the course of the week.) They’ve been in process since November, with random things coming up to prevent me finishing them until now. I even set up the serger to do pretty lettuce edge hems. It feels nice to be done with them, and to have put the serger away. Now I can dive into making a badge holder for my husband, to take to a D&D convention in March. I bought the cute fabrics for them from Spoonflower months ago, and am thrilled to finally have my cutting table clear to work on them. I also dug through my stash to find coordinating solids to use as inner linings of pockets. Now a quick trip to Kroger, and a walk for the pup, then I’ll start cutting the first holder.

7 Likes

I have finally cut and stabilized all available soccer jerseys for the t-shirt quilts. Dh and ds still wear some so I couldn’t cut those. Dd has 1 more season she can play and ds still has several more, so they won’t be complete soon, but now they take up less space to store and I can start piecing hers.

(these are mostly the bottoms of dh’s shirts that I didn’t cut into strips as I now have way too many)
I still have lots of stabilizer on my bolt and wildfire tshirt quilts to start, but I want a break from cutting shirts!
I replaced my rotary blade and need to order more.

6 Likes

Love that green! I bet you are tired of cutting and ironing!

2 Likes

Soooo tired! Especially since I made a quilt top prior to this!

2 Likes

@AIMR those cookies look so good!

Wednesday and Thursday I was painting walls, ceilings, and floors (no pics since it’s not my client) which was very satisfying. Today I made an ATC for the discord swap, I will share once it’s received!

One more day everyone! We’re almost there!

1 Like

I finished(?) last night’s thing.

Or maybe it goes like this; I’m not sure.

I’ve also finally gotten back to the DVD case liners I started earlier in the craftalong and hope to wrap them up tonight they’re done! Provided they don’t smear when I slide them in

4 Likes

28/29 … finished the first cake of yarn and started on the second today for my current baby afghan. I’ll post a progress photo tomorrow when it’s light.

2 Likes

Do you have a pattern of the badge holder? I might wanna make a neat board game themes one for my husband’s board game convention!

Yes, I bought it from KidGiddy on Etsy.

I made some masterboards today. I’m not super thrilled with them, but I know that once they are cut up and embellished the magic will happen.

I added hot glue to these! I think it added a cool feature, but next time I will add it last because the paint mostly wants to sit on top of the hot glue.

6 Likes

I have been drooling over the colors in those mandala yarns for a while. I’ll have to come up with something to make with it this summer.

Zero crafting happened this week for me. I’ve fought a head cold since Monday night, so I’ve had lots of wooziness due to decongestants. On top of that, my cousin (that I was the closest to, I have about 55-60 cousins.) passed away from her long battle with lymphoma. She was on her 4th round of battle and chose to try an experimental treatment since she was no longer able to take radiation. She had a stroke last Sat. night and passed on Tues. night. Needless to say, I’ve been in a funk. I know she’s better off now and no longer suffering. I just need to wrap my head around the fact that she’s gone.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, Bajita. That will take time to process, I’m sure.

1 Like

I’m so very sorry for your loss.

1 Like

It is tough to lose someone you are so close to…sorry for your loss…take time to do some things for yourself as you process your grief.

1 Like

Aw man, sorry you’re going through this right now, bajita. )))Abrazos(((

Closing out the month with a handful of masterboards I wrapped up in the last few days:

Having this challenge definitely got me to focus on finishing some things that would otherwise have sat all year unfinished. Next month I am completing nothing crafty, however; it’s going to be a time of digging deep, so I’ll be creating, but it will be all-process, with very little product.

9 Likes

Those are really beautiful…

I get what you mean about “process”…I have been wanting to do this daily technique lab for paper for a few years…the focus is giving tools and ideas and not on any finished product…a time for reflection and thinking more about what I really want to do creatively…

1 Like

29/29 … I made it … everyday !!

Thanks @AcadianDriftwood for getting this going, it really helped keep me motivated. (I’ll never be able to get the ARcadian out of my head now after seeing it beside your name for awhile)

A row today brought me to this stage … I’m going to put it aside for a few days to finish the shawl I started in January.

8 Likes

Congratulations on making every day! It is so vibrant and beautiful!

2 Likes

I didn’t craft craft every day. But I still pushed myself to be more craft focused this month so I’m very happy.

Good job to everyone else on what they did!!

6 Likes

Sun sets on the final day…

I spent some time carving this trick book. When wrapped as a gift, my partner will never guess that the package contains a game!

:clap:t3: :clap:t3: :clap:t3: Hooray! That’s amazing!

I only missed one day, and I feel very happy with that. I made many things that I wouldn’t have gotten around to if I didn’t want to have something to show you all. A D&F spring cleaning challenge project, a masterboard and ATCs, lizard earrings… this was a fun month! Even when I was plopping down in my crafting chair at 10pm thinking “come one, just think of one little thing to do for 15 minutes.”

Thank you everyone who played along and gave us your energy, no matter how many days you did. :purple_heart:

7 Likes