Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

Yesterday I learned that the Italian word for “lawyer” is “avvocato”. So, naturally, my thing for yesterday is:

12 Likes

ha ha ha…your sense of humor and this pay on words that evoke a certain image is great! I work with lots of avvocatos so it will be tough not to smile when I see them in this new light. ha ha

3 Likes

I still have time then! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not exactly creative these days. But I’m still sorting through my stash every evening. Does that count?

Also I started keeping track of my fabrics using the Cora app. So far I like it. Who else is using it?

1 Like

Ooh, not yet, but I’m definitely going to have a look!

1 Like

I wish I had that years ago…it would take me way too long to catalog all of my fabrics. Looks like a good way not to overbuy…I am destashing so I can’t even start from now…not buying anymore fabrics for a bit!

2 Likes

I didn’t know it was possible to do that :woozy_face::hugs:

1 Like

Well last time I went through my stash I kept a list in the folder I used for my patterns. That really helped me organizing my projects but it didn’t keep me from overbuying.

This time I googled for an app and found this one. This way I don’t need to cut little squares of fabric to keep the list. And hopefully it’s easier to maintain.

It definitely sparked the ideas for many new projects.

2 Likes

Busy day today but I managed to cook a Cajun Beef Stew and finish my last cactus girl. Tomorrow I want to start on some art projects that will take me into the weekend!

11 Likes

I picked my fabric and design for February’s stitchalong. “Live in Love” is the theme…couldn’t disappoint, so of course a hummingbird is making an appearance on fabric that was monoprinted by @Edel!

6 Likes

I’ve been asked to create 5 bags/totes/stuff
-holder-things to be used as a container for judges’ gifts at my school’s annual pageant (our big yearly fundraiser), using unsold field day t-shirts.

At first, I wanted to use the inspirational quotes in the shirts as a focal point/decor on a tote, but I’d either have to make the totes or purchase them. Yeah… Not going that route now, so this is my plan B, a crocheted basket. This is a practice run as I’ve never made or worked with t-shirt yarn before.

What do you think? Is this good enough for a judge’s gift? I’m not crazy about the bow, but I think it needs something. Comments? Suggestions?

5 Likes

Hahahaha! @calluna, that’s for me, right?

1 Like

I like you used your French fridge instructions for art! Today I worked on a zetti style journal page using only junk mailings for the paper parts. The background is paint and gelatos.

I like your accordion book. And the idea of glueing down scraps for future master boards

Hahahahahahaha

So cute!

1 Like

Gah! That last cactus girl looks just like my daughter I love it!

How large are the quotes? Could you cut them off and make a scrappy “patch” for lack of a better word to applique/glue/something to the baskets to bring in your original idea?

1 Like

@AntBee The smallest quote is 12"x13". Covers the entire front of the shirt.

Good grief.

Ok, not that then… hmm…

This basket is good as it is, I was just thinking of what you could do instead of the bow you don’t love.

Today’s things are a couple of ATCs inspired by my favorite movie, A Mighty Wind, which I may or may not be watching as I type this.

Edited to replace the photos because we finally got some sunlight and these are better.

4 Likes

Missed posting yesterday. Another dishcloth, in orange.

And today I got through a few more while finishing Off the Witcher. Pink, rainbow, and I’m part way through a scrappy one.

That means I’ve got a whole rainbow set put together from stash.

6 Likes

Looks like you are set for a while! I really love that tan color with the pastels…what yarn is that?

6/29 … stitched 4 rows on my shawl and got squares made for a t-shirt quilt …

5 Likes