Things People Swallowed

For the Box of Whimsies/Miniatures swap, @Bunny1kenobi said she likes Victorian things. I’ve made a few full sized Victorian macabre displays over the years focused on superstitions or funeral customs. I had this pretty little frame and some red velvet scrapbook paper in my stash so started digging to see what is small enough to fit inside. Once I found the miniature coin, I knew it would be a Things People Swallowed display.

37 Likes

This is brilliant! I love the little items. I never would have thought it was a miniature until you added the quarter for reference. The red is the perfect background!

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

Hah love it!

2 Likes

This is sooo clever. I love that you used unusual Victorian traditions for your inspiration. A miniature hair art display would be a cool companion piece, although don’t know how one would create tiny hair art.

This swap has challenged me to think about miniature crafting in a whole new way and now I want to make something inspired by this beauty.

4 Likes

I saw this in the box and freaked out a little because it’s unbelievably cool and so well done!! I LOVE IT and it’s MINE! (insert happy dance here!) Thank you @MissingWillow!

5 Likes

That would be amazing!

1 Like

You are most welcome! I kind of want to make a Victorian Macabre display for myself now.

4 Likes

Ooh! I hope you do and that you share it here!

1 Like

This is both hilarious and amazing! It has made my mind wonder down some winding paths thinking about possible future dioramas!

3 Likes

Yaaaaasssss!!!

You would truly do such a thing justice, my friend! :+1:

1 Like

That makes me so happy!

1 Like

This is great! :laughing: Super imaginative.

2 Likes

This is brilliant!

2 Likes

Thanks friends. It might be my favorite thing I’ve made in 2021 so far. :grin:

3 Likes

Fabulous! and kind of twisted. in a good way?

2 Likes

DUDE! This is SO RAD! Seriously, it is awesome!

3 Likes

Oh wowee…this is fantastic!

2 Likes

DUDE! This is SO RAD! Seriously, it is awesome!

1 Like

Hilarious. I love how it looks so regal and fancy, then you read what it is and it makes you laugh. Phenomenal job!

4 Likes