This Rocks

EEEK!! THE HUG IS AWESOME AND NOT CREEPY!!

2 Likes

Yes, me too. Of course it is not possible to comment all, but really a few words are so nice if you posted something.

Please note that I am not trying to make anyone feel bad, I am not commenting in a bad way, at least that is not my intention! I only try to point out that I love to get a few comments on what I post, so that will probably be the same for any other crafter out here :smile:

3 Likes

100% ditto. I didn’t comment to say “loving something” is wrong. I do it, too!

2 Likes

Aww I didn’t mean to make you stop using it. Even though I did initially see a big bosom-y stick person reaching for a hug. If I was the hugging type it could have totally been my self portrait :rofl:

3 Likes

Hearts are nice for giving the creators some love. But how do we “nominate” something for a featured project without the This Rocks button? In the future how will the featured items be determined?

2 Likes

In the past, we used the This Rocks lists as a guide and then it was ultimately up to the author (racky or kitty) to make the final selections for the blog post. But now we have a built-in feature that allows anyone to view “Top Topics” at any time. You can select from a variety of time durations, too, which is pretty nifty. It takes into account replies, hearts, views, all sorts of stuff. I also believe I have it configured to suppress topics from the Lounge, but don’t quote me on that. :upside_down_face:

In addition to that automated feature, @kittykill will also be updating the Current Featured Projects on the front page weekly now! You can see them, if you are on desktop view here.

She uses a combination of the built-in feature + her magical insight to select those. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: For now, we are updating weekly because so many amazing projects are being shared! If we continue to see lots of projects being posted, we will continue to feature often! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation Sweets!

I loved the this rocks button, but I love the heart button better! It is fun to see who loved your post.
I just add the :metal:t2: to a post I really think rocks :grin:

3 Likes

I love that there are so many ways to look at our awesome projects.

4 Likes

You can personalize so much, I do love that too!

3 Likes

oh crap. were not supposed to name it?! Noted. Thank you.

I kinda like the one word posts. It helps me meet everyone. Otherwise, its just some anonymous shape that is lit up with a number.

2 Likes

It’s not anonymous, if you click the number next to it! :eyes:

2 Likes

hey!!!

Thank you :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation, and for the various ways to view things! This place and all of you deities rock!

2 Likes

Is there a way to see the Featured Projects on mobile view, or if not, will there be? I didn’t realise that there was a featured list until I got a message from @kittykill this morning and went looking for it and found it on desktop view.

1 Like

Not currently a fancy way currently, but there will be. For now, you can click the tag to find the current set, though! :slight_smile: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/tags/featured

2 Likes

2 Likes