This Rocks

I know we can :heart: things but I really used the “this rocks” feature on the old site that must not be named a lot. It was a nice way to give props without having to be old schooler and post a one word comment or super short reply just to let the creator know you liked it.

6 Likes

Well, to be fair, you weren’t really telling the creator that you liked it. They couldn’t ‘see’ the Rocks. You were telling the Mods. :slight_smile: The hearts actually give feedback to the creator in a way they can actually see.

10 Likes

I have always manually rocked things I really love.

\m/ < Rocker fingers

I know you were looking for something more ‘easy click’, but it does work!

3 Likes

LOL! It took me aaaaages of seeing that in your posts before I connected the dots. Once I “saw” it, of course, it was the best thing ever. :metal:

3 Likes

I love them because they don’t reformat into anything! Maybe it’s a little undercover fandom-esk, but it works!

3 Likes

Noooooooooooo!!! For some reason, I thought creators saw it too.:flushed::cry:

1 Like

For the longest time I thought it was some sort of weird hug thing

5 Likes

@geekgirl

This makes me LAUGH! Because it would definitely not be a hug.

3 Likes

Well I did wonder. :laughing:

2 Likes

Hug from your chesty Auntie. :rofl:

2 Likes

@geekgirl @Magpie

Dear lord, y’all. It does look like arms and a rack.

I don’t know if I love it more, or hate it now.

4 Likes

:laughing: LOVE IT!

2 Likes

Nope, but it was a super important tool for us in choosing featured projects, writing blog posts, etc. In a low posting category, even 1 “Rock” could be very helpful!

:heart: I hadn’t seen the hug but now that I have, I cant unsee it. :heart: AWESOME

2 Likes

I am so bummed! I do hope I helped someone get featured.

3 Likes

I miss the I rock button too, but I really like the heart and if I think it rocks, I add a :metal: to the post I write.
It is much nicer if someone comments your post, even if it are only a few words. Just saying…

3 Likes

@wendiek
I do try to make an effort to say why I like something.

2 Likes

@Animegirlie
Me, neither. I immediately took it out of my profile. I can’t be the pushy, strange aunt walking around with her arms open trying to hug everyone. Ewww

2 Likes

Noooo! I loved that! I always knew it was rocker hand! I just have a quirky mind too :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

My new avatar is Soot, and although his arms are more like TRex - functional, stubby things - they could also appear to be reaching out for hugs.

I can’t double creepy attempt-hug. I just can’t.

1 Like