Three velvet throws

I’ve made three of these throws. They are very simple but very luxe. In each case it’s vintage velvet and a soft silky fringe.

Backed with brocade. Embroidered linen and a kind of crepe de chine. All from stash and all destined to be gifts for some of my lovely women.

They are each about 2m X 1m ( 80"*40" ish)

24 Likes

What lovely and luxurious gifts! And at the perfect time of year for a lush and cozy throw.

1 Like

These are all so lush and perfect. I covet the first one something fierce. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I couldn’t help but read your title to the tune of ‘5 golden rings…’ lol. These are really nice and look very luxe indeed!

1 Like

Wow, really luxurious!

Those look and sound delightfully cozy! Perfect for winter!

Me too! And I can’t ever make another one. The embroidered linen was a remnant from a number of years ago and it took all of it. But it is going to my lovely sister, who’s had rough times. I hope it’ll bring her comfort

6 Likes

Lovely work!

Awesome! I love how they are simple, but utterly decadent at the same time. Heck yeah for using the good stuff!

3 Likes

Those are gorgeous!

These look like they’d be perfect to snuggle under with a good book. :hearts:

So beautiful and lux!!!

They look so nice and warm! Perfect for winter. They will feel nice and heavy with that brocade backing.

So gorgeous!

:confetti_ball: Congratulations! :confetti_ball:
Your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

1 Like

How cool, thank you :grin:

2 Likes

Those look super fancy and warm, definitely a thoughtful present for a loved one :heart:

Gorgeous!

Super luxe & beautiful. Each of them is really nice, my fave is still that last one though. The colours! I just love those fabrics together.

And unfortunately due to Covid, one of them is still waiting until we get to my sister’s to give it to her. She was a close contact, now it looks likely that we are too. Bloody Covid.

But I’m delighted you guys are all negative and you get to see your Aunt xx

2 Likes