“Thumbprint” Mugs/Cups

Lately, I’ve gotten some requests for handle-less mugs (one of my friends said she has a habit of accidentally breaking them off), so I’ve made some “thumbprint” cups. (Some don’t have thumbprints, haha.)

I like using them for hot tea, and they’re easy to fit together in the cabinet.

39 Likes

They’re beautiful and functional.
The pair in the last pic looks awfully familiar :wink: I love them!

1 Like

Oh, I adore these!

1 Like

@Mountains_and_Clouds These are so cute! My sensitive little hands love a handle, but I just love the look of these!

1 Like

These are so beautiful!!

1 Like

At first I thought just from the pictures they were like sake sized and then as I scrolled I noticed they were tea sized :tea:… I absolutely love them! If there was a “This Rocks” button I would have so pressed it!!! Beautiful work!

And maybe they would be sake sized for me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::laughing:

2 Likes

They are so gorgeous! I love the colors! I love pottery.

1 Like

This is a great idea and would store so much better than the ones with handles. I love the color palette you chose. These are very cool and I love that they are a functional craft!

1 Like

Love these! Great idea making them without handles and your color choices are so pretty.

1 Like

Gorgeous. I love the ‘sparkly’ blue ones! I lack mug storage space in my kitchen but I could have lots of these handle-less ones :wink:

1 Like

Your work is always so lovely. I am feeling so inspired to take a pottery class! I love them all, how do you ever give any away? I’d end up needing more cupboards in the kitchen to hold everything, haha.

1 Like

So, so beautiful. I love how each piece begs to be picked up and held.

1 Like

:wink::wink: Just trying to help us stay afloat! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bananaleg, I prefer handles too (because I like my coffee pretty darn hot), but I’ve recently realized that I only hold the handle for the first five minutes or so anyway, and then I end up holding the body of the cup like a handwarmer! :smile:

To each their own, LOL!!

Me too! Sometimes when I spend a lot of time on the tiny things or sculptural things, they tend to pile up a little bit. I can usually find a home for these.

Heehee, I have a friend who comes into town for work about once a month, and tends to hit up my “stash;” she asked the same thing, but we just don’t have the space or the need :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Also, husby thinks the cabinets are going to fall down with the amount of things we already do keep (mostly the wonky things), haha!

So pretty! The colors are great. I love when things have thought behind them and they work with you, not against you. (Does that make sense? Lol)

1 Like

These are awesome!

1 Like

that purpley one featured is GORGEOUS.

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds right. :laughing:

2 Likes

And here I thought we had enough cups at home… but those are just the perfect tea mugs for me! They are fantastic, and I never drink my tea before I can’t at least hold the mug or cup itself instead of the handle. Usually when it’s completely cold.

1 Like