Tie dye mesh tee - out of my comfort zone!

Hi you crafty bunch!

Next up in the covid isolation fabric stash sewathon!!

Defo a little out of my comfort range, I love the mesh tops that seem to be everywhere lately, but unless I wear a camisole under or something I’m not sure that I can get away with it as an older Plus Sized laaaaydeeeeey!!

Buuuuut, I made one anyways :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do normally use French seams on sheer stuff, but since this was a knit I used my overlocker so I didn’t need to.

I will admit it wasn’t really bra under mesh top weather when we took the photos… it was a tad freezing!!!

Not sure if I’ll dare to go out into the real world with just a bra underneath, but then we’re all shut in at the moment anyways so it doesn’t really matter, I can worry about that later on eh!!

:boom: Rave Shirt pattern - also has square and angled necklines and crop options but I haven’t tried those yet!

:boom: Tie dye light power mesh was from Frumble Fabrics

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And thanks to hubby as always for being my photographer!! :heart_eyes:

Hope you like it! :sunglasses:
Loops xx

11 Likes

It looks great on you! The tie dye pattern reminds me of the sky, awesome :smiley:

2 Likes

I think you, and your new shirt, looks great!

2 Likes

Those bright pops of blue are amazing!

2 Likes

Fantastic! You’re rocking it!!

2 Likes

If this goes on much longer, you will have such a killer wardrobe!

I had not heard of such a fabric…I am betting it would be wonderful for when we can get back to the beach…you are daring and such an inspiration to make clothes that you like for yourself to enjoy… :heart:

2 Likes

Great stitching! You look great in your new top!!!

2 Likes

It looks great and bravo to you for sharing this with us.

1 Like

Fun! And it should still look fun over a tank top, or a solid long-sleeve shirt depending on the weather & your comfort levels. :grin:

2 Likes

I never thought of how tie dye would look on sheer material, I’m impressed with how nice it looks! I agree with AIMR, this would be perfect for the beach!

2 Likes

I like the fabric and bravo for even posting these photos!

I have one shirt that’s very sheer but it’s black and red and I wear it with just a bra underneath, except once when visiting my in-laws because I thought they might not like that. I wouldn’t wear this without something more though because it’s a little too daring but that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

Get those Frenchie seams!!

2 Likes

@AIMR Oooh yes!! I do enjoy a day where everything I’m wearing was made by me! In fact I almost am today, undies, bra, shorts and top all made by me, it’s only the vest top with shelf bra I’m wearing under my top that I didn’t make. Soooo close but not quite.

@audiobooklover It does work really well together doesn’t it, I was looking for something grungy and I was also looking for sheer fabric, and ended up kind of getting a mixture :smiley:

@thanate Absolutely, whilst I love camisoles and vest tops in summer, my upper arms are huge and I’m very self conscious of them so I usually try to wear like short sleeved kimonos or wraps to cover them up a little, but this will also work nicely I think (albeit it’s still sheer obv but a little more disguised!)!

2 Likes

That looks great on you!

2 Likes

I absolutely love this! I can not imagine sewing with sheer fabric. In my head it would be so fiddily. It looks professionally made! And you are rocking it!

1 Like