Time Lapse Videos of Process

You’re so clean! When I threw, I always walked out the door looking like I’d just completed a Tough Mudder!

1 Like

I am happy to see how you actually do it, I too was imagining some silly and impossible techniques. It was fun seeing it for real. Still magical but an aha revelation.

I’d like to make a time-lapse video of something, what sort of camera and lighting did you use?

2 Likes

I just used my iphone (SE) on a little tripod. I didn’t add any lights or anything (the studio has fluorescent lights, I think.). I just moved to a new studio, so I’m curious to see if my same “set up” will work…!

Mesmerizing. I’ve always wanted to see this done. Like others I imagined impossible scenarios. Like working on a tiny wheel to make tiny things or something of the sort.

My partner is starting to make YouTube videos of her drawing/painting process. I’ll have to have her post links on here so you can see them.

2 Likes

Soo much fun to watch. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Well, that was super neat! Pottery is one of those mystical crafts that elude my skills.
A time-lapse video of me sewing might qualify for Most Boring Thing In the World.

You must be a SCAdian. Now I want to see your garb! :nerd_face: (Not in this thread, of course!)

2 Likes

I’ve been fringe SCA for a while, but since my husband is currently the Webminister for Atlantia, I guess we’re the real thing… Strangely, I don’t have a lot of pictures of the clothing I’ve made (modern or period) but possibly I should do something about that.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, I don’t really have photos of mine, either. Hm. We should both do something about that.

Alright, back the regularly scheduled programming!

2 Likes

Love it! I’ve always been entranced by pottery. I’d love to try to get into it but I’m not even sure how. For now I just do my part by buying handmade pottery whenever I can!

1 Like

Depending on where you live, you might have a community ceramic studio and/or adult classes nearby. People always ask me if I have a kiln, but it’s honestly a lot cheaper to share resources in a co-op studio. (I don’t have the space, power, or $$ for a proper glost kiln at home — and probably not even a small electric kiln — but I have access to so many things because they are shared.)

Oooo cool! I’d love to see!

2 Likes

Sharing resources can be so rewarding too

That was the most relaxing thing I ever watched.

https://youtu.be/s2f9HaMXpU0

This is the link to my partners first process video. Hang tight through the first couple of minutes as she does a product haul before she gets started.

Just passing by, Mountains_and_Clouds, but I had to say - that’s really impressive!

And I wanted to ask, ladies, how do you work with timelapse videos? I decided to start a separate account on Instagram with speed paints (for art) and slow motions and figured out that I’m unable to edit them on my PC with the good old Moviemaker.

a small update: I decided to give Movavi a try after a trial period as it was recommended here www.movavi.com/imovie-for-windows.html as iMovie analogue for windows and I worked with it in the past. So far, so good!

1 Like

Hey @amaranthe, welcome to the community!

You’ll likely get more responses if you create a new topic for your query so it doesn’t get lost in the comments of this one. I’m not sure where it would go though, maybe a moderator like @kittykill has a suggestion. There isn’t a digital category here (yet?) but there are a few digi-artists & videographers for sure. I know I’m always looking for photography advice to better showcase my crafts & recieved swap items.

1 Like