Tiny kitchen trio

I made these for @geekgirl in the fill a pouch swap. She had quite a bit of this sort of thing on her Pinterest so I decided to try my hand at some more modern style stuff.

The blender is made from a gel pen cap, a small piece of plastic tubing, a bead, craft foam, a link from a broken chain, an eraser and a plastic washer-type thing that I found in one of many whimsy jars.

The toaster is made with mat board, card stock, beads, and foil tape.

The mixer is a toothbrush, mat board, foam core, foil tape, card stock, a paper clip, a piece cut off of a “mechanical” pencil, a head pin, a lid from a lip balm, and one of those bubbles in which little toys are packaged for coin vending machines.

And GLUE. Lots and lots of glue. It’s all painted with nail polish which was apparently a little on the old side. I didn’t get as smooth of a finish as I would have liked.

Thanks for looking!

17 Likes

Totally incredible. Like, wow. Just so much teensy detail, they are really cool!

1 Like

Thanks! They were really fun to put together!

These are mind-blowingly cool! I love that you listed the materials. I tried looking for them in the final pieces but they are totally transformed!

1 Like

Thank you!

I just have no imagination on what all those things could become…when you listed them, it was like doing some sort of I Spy to see where each item was!

Junk is magic in your hands!

3 Likes

Lol! Thanks… you’re very sweet to say that! But I was inspired by a video tutorial so I was coached nicely as far as materials! :wink:

1 Like

Fantastic! I love the ingenuity of using every day items to create such beautiful little pieces. Nail polish to paint them was perfect! Gives them the look of shiny appliances.

1 Like

Thank you!

These are seriously amazing!

1 Like

Too totally cool!
Color me impressed!

1 Like

Thanks guys!

ACK! So cute! I want to shrink down to the size of the kitchen these would live in!

1 Like

Get out! These are amazing!

1 Like

How very clever! Love them, especially the idea of using nail polish to paint them.

1 Like

They’re amazing!

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

1 Like

They are amazing and love hearing the materials you used!

1 Like

Thank you for listing the items that you used to make these. Your imagination for seeing the shapes is impossible for me to understand. These are absolutely amazingly well done! I can’t even imagine how many “supplies” you must keep for miniatures just in case. Do you have a box of weird “junk” that you keep?

1 Like

Actually I have several boxes of weird junk and found objects that I think might be useful. And some of those things were used here!

1 Like