Tiny Sweater for my husband

I knitted this tiny sweater for my husband as a Christmas gift. He understood the joke right away, gave a big smile, and chuckled. Gold.

He has wanted me to knit him a sweater for so long that it has becomea running joke between us. When I saw the Tiny Sweater on WestKnits insta post, it dawned on me that I could knit him a sweater. The pattern was available on Ravelry for free, which was a bonus.

I used size 7 double pointed Clover Takumi bamboo knitting needles and yarn from MysteryMouseYarnCo on Etsy (mine was called β€œ100 Acre Wood”).

The pattern was pretty easy, I just had to adjust my tension in certain parts. I made a first attempt and got my make-shift yarn holders tangled up so pictured is the second try.

I finished at the very last minute!

Thank you for looking.

ETA, in progress pic:

24 Likes

SOOOO CUUUUUTE! And such a fun backstory.

2 Likes

This is so cute! I love that you found a way to fulfill his request. :wink:

2 Likes

Such a fun joke gift! Looks like it might have been tricky to knit, too.

2 Likes

Some parts of the pattern were… interesting, but not particularly difficult. Starting the stitches needs to be tight because that is the neck. It looks more cowl-y than I would like, but it is loads better than the first attempt.

1 Like

Adorable and fun!

2 Likes

Such a tiny husband you have! Very cute and a complete riot.

2 Likes

The back story is fantastic! I have a collection of tiny knit sweaters so this makes me smile :smiley:

1 Like

Hilarious! Love your sense of humor and the sweater turned out great.

2 Likes

:snowflake: Congratulations! Your project is snow good, it’s featured this week! :snowflake:

3 Likes

Thank you! Thank you to everyone for looking at it and cheering me on in the threads.

3 Likes

Such a cute idea. I hope this ends up on the tree every year so that you can relive this chuckle annually!

2 Likes

This is delightful! Lovely reason and cute knitting. :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

So flipping cute!!!

2 Likes

So adorable and so funny!

2 Likes

Everything would be tangled up if I tried it. You either love one or the other and I’m the crochet lover. Your post made me smile.

1 Like

Awww, warm fuzzy on this end. :smiling_face:

1 Like