TM Patches

I’ve been making a bunch of unembellished TM patches for a cover for my parents’ stand mixer. Rather than embroidering or appliqueing each one, I’m just picking fabrics with cute prints to showcase. Here are some I’ve made so far:

11 Likes

Ooh those are awesome! I tried to make TM patches a long time ago, but I had difficulties embellishing it. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing :smiley: :+1:t3:

3 Likes

These are just delightful!

4 Likes

You come up with some clever ideas! I like using cute fabrics as the star…they would make nice fillers for a large project to showcase special patches…

Can’t wait to see your finished project!

4 Likes

Super cute, I love those prints and that you color coordinated the binding stitches with the fabric design yet they still stand out to frame the patch.
I found that tracing the focal points of patterned patches in stitches, or filling empty/background spaces with random stitches (matching the thread with the fabric color), makes the patches a little stiffer, which could help the mixer cover hold its shape in the squared off areas. I was using clumps of polyfill on my patches, though, which gave them a more uneven lumpy surface (and led to the stuffing further clumping over time) if I didn’t quilt the whole patch into place. Yours look pretty smooth, though, so the stitching would come down to personal preference.

4 Likes

Great fabric choices! I love the way you do a long and a short stitch along the edge.

2 Likes

I loooooove embellishing TM patches for swaps, but I spend hours on each one and the thought of doing enough to cover a whole KitchenAid was just too daunting!

3 Likes

Thanks!
I like your stitching ideas a lot; I just don’t have the patience to do that on the huge number of patches I’ll need for this project. I am trying to work out a way to make the cover stiff enough though; I think I’ll line it with foam or something!
I used to use polyfil but have switched over to batting. I quite like how they look with polyfil but batting is just less hassle for me.

2 Likes

Thanks! I originally started the long and short stitches in an effort to tack down the edges more effectively, but then just ended up liking how it looks!

2 Likes

The times I tried to embellish the patch (to be) it just looked wonky, misplaced and horrible hahaha :joy:
I guess I am just no good at this, which makes it even more wonderful to receive in a swap.

I can totally accept that I’m not good at every single craft :wink:

1 Like

I use batting as well…I like the flatness much better to stitch and to use for projects…it works great just as it is for notebook covers. My sister made a cover for the Kitchen Aid Mixer I gave her…she used outdoor fabric to line it with…foam or spongy textures will make it more easy to catch and not slip over easily…you really need a smoother fabric to slide over

1 Like

Ooh, did you finish this project? That owl with the neckerchief is so dang cute!