TMNT Paper Pieced Baby Quilt

My cousin and I dreamed of this baby quilt forever for a third cousin of ours, and when it was announced that he and his wife were having a little one, we knew we had to make it happen!
We split the turtles in half, I made the blue & purple and she made the red & orange as well as the coordinating weapons. She managed to get them mailed to me in time to create the top, quilt and bind it all before we saw each other on the following Friday for our Grandma’s funeral. While it was a sad occasion, at least we got to celebrate the little one with a quilt, right?
I also threw together the pizza label with a little bit of wonder under, kona cottons and late night basic embroidery skills :slight_smile:
Quilting was all done with a walking foot on my Janome
patterns for the blocks (minus the center) came from fandom in stitches

21 Likes

What a labor of love. I love that you guys worked on the quilt as a team :slight_smile:

Aaaah this is beyond amazing!! I was such a huge TMNT as a kid and would have gone nuts over this! You did such a great job!

1 Like

Holy smokes, that’s awesome!

1 Like

This is so great and now I am singing the TMNT song.

2 Likes

I love that the two of you made it together. The colors you chose and the actual quilting are perfect. Well done.

1 Like

Beautifully done! Lovely bright colors and so much love.

1 Like

Oh. My. Gosh. This is epic! EPIC!

2 Likes

thank you!
i definitely went through about 5 different ideas for quilting, and then when i started went “whelp… i’m committing to this now!”

thanks!
We’ve done a few “spring break” sew togethers in person, but this was definitely a combo project of it’s own kind.

1 Like

I love this so much!

This is amazing! My husband would love this so much for our baby. I love the teamwork behind it, too.

I have to pick my jaw up off the floor! Paper piecing is so much work. This is so cool. I am floored!

1 Like

SO COOL! I love the pizza label!!

2 Likes

thank you!
it was literally the last few hours before it was to be delivered and being true to my craft i could NOT let anything else happen instead of it!

1 Like

Wow, the piecing is amazing and the zigzag quilting is the perfect compliment!

This rocks! What a great family project :heart:

1 Like

The quilt looks amazing, and I’m sorry about your grandmother, but at least you have something nice to look forward to.

Great job from you and your mother

This is amazing! I love it! Paper piecing is so time consuming and you rocked it! :heart:

Get outta town!!! I squealed with delight!

1 Like