Toddler Apron with Denim and Flannel

I was cutting apart some worn jeans that are too far gone to be donated and my husband thought it would be cute to make our kid an apron with one of the pockets. So I did :grin: I traced an apron we already own and added a little length so there is more room to grow. The kiddo picked the coordinating fabrics; butterfly flannel, breakfast food flannel, and some blue that might be linen but I’m not sure.

Front:

Back:

I added tabs and straps that cross in the back. Each strap matches the tab it goes to and they snap together. I also reinforced the snapping pieces with denim.

Here it is being modeled by our little dummy :rofl:

And the back on our little cutie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I assembled most of it with my serger, then flipped it right side out to finish :wink: I even did fancy professional things like ironing and top stitching! Oooooh, aaaaaaah!

It’s a little wonkey with the tabs so I think if I made it again I would put the snaps on the inside of the apron body instead. But I think it’s cute and the little guy is happy so I’m happy :smile:

15 Likes

Too cool! I love the fabrics, and the matching snaps.

3 Likes

So cute!! I love the breakfast fabric.

2 Likes

Ah, our “Lil Skunk” is going to have lots of kitchen adventures in his awesome new apron!

3 Likes

You’re killin’ me! :joy:

But really…great job!!

3 Likes

lol Thanks! I am not a fan of ironing and I usually avoid it :stuck_out_tongue: But sometimes I’m a good little sewer and do it the right way :upside_down_face:

1 Like

So cute…and now you will have a cook in the family down the road as well…lol…good job training them young…

Love that he picked some very happy fabrics…the food fabric is so much fun and the butterflies are just so pretty…but the kicker is that big old pocket that can hold lots of flour, crumbs, and assorted food droppings! Have fun! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

How cute is this? Super duper! And a great way to have fun mixing up patterns while using up scraps. I think it’s so clever to color coordinate the snaps and sweet that you added the more comfortable cross-back strap style.

4 Likes

Super cute! And the fabric reminds me of the Breakfast Kingdom in Adventure Time. :joy:

3 Likes

So cute and adorable and useful. And I love snaps for kids clothing.

4 Likes

That breakfast fabric is just took perfect and cute. Looks very well made and adjustable enough that he can use it for many years.

5 Likes

Great work!

1 Like

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: He’s only worn it a few times and it’s definitely big enough for him to grow into! :smile: He likes the big pocket and he can take it off by wiggling the straps around. Not the way I planned for him to take it off, but I’m glad he can do it by himself :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very cute idea! He’s probably thrilled to bits!

1 Like

This is the sweetest! I love the idea of snaps, quick release is a smart safety feature for cild garments with straps, good call mom :kissing_heart:

2 Likes