I was cutting apart some worn jeans that are too far gone to be donated and my husband thought it would be cute to make our kid an apron with one of the pockets. So I did I traced an apron we already own and added a little length so there is more room to grow. The kiddo picked the coordinating fabrics; butterfly flannel, breakfast food flannel, and some blue that might be linen but I’m not sure.
I added tabs and straps that cross in the back. Each strap matches the tab it goes to and they snap together. I also reinforced the snapping pieces with denim.
Here it is being modeled by our little dummy
And the back on our little cutie
I assembled most of it with my serger, then flipped it right side out to finish I even did fancy professional things like ironing and top stitching! Oooooh, aaaaaaah!
It’s a little wonkey with the tabs so I think if I made it again I would put the snaps on the inside of the apron body instead. But I think it’s cute and the little guy is happy so I’m happy