"too similar" error message

Today in weird error messages, I was replying to questionnaire PMs giving people the heads-up they were all set to claim for the Ongoing ATC swap, and got a message saying something along the lines of “this is too similar to what you just posted,” which would not let me send the message without rephrasing it.

This makes perfect sense as a feature for replying to posts, but if there’s an easy way to disable it for messages sent to different individuals, that would be nice.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I have received that messages but I just close the box and still can send it…I also get the one that says I replied three times in one post, so shut up and let others reply… :laughing:

5 Likes

I get reminded to reply to other people & not you so often :neutral_face:

7 Likes

me, too…I apologize to the screen for hoarding you to myself…then flip it off, and continue… :rofl:

7 Likes

You guys are cracking me up!! :joy:

1 Like

I haven’t got those errors but I have gotten “you need to make a complete sentence.” :joy:

10 Likes

I find it funny how often I am apparently just like a bot! [beep boop]

3 Likes

Let me see if I can tweak it a bit for us. It’s a security feature, so a spammer doesn’t try to send naughty messages to a large group of members quickly. I’ll see if I can bump it up to a higher trust level!

3 Likes

In my head, I reply with incomplete sentences to that one. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :joy:

5 Likes

We do not need an incident of “Naked Asian Man with Guitar”…forever seared in my memory no matter how much eye bleach I have used…

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::bangbang::bangbang:

1 Like

Yeah, I tried just closing the error message, but it just came back-- perhaps the code is getting smarter?

I did get the “have you considered making these all one post?” one when I did the third post for beginning the ATC swap, but then it let me consider not doing it, too, so that was fine. :laughing:

Thanks for looking into it!

1 Like

He lives, rent free, in my mind forever. :tired_face: :tired_face: :rofl:

1 Like

Is this from when CSter got hacked?
I remember there being something weird way back when

1 Like

lol Yes…it was shocking and funny!

1 Like