Topsy-Turvy Red Queen with Alice (& mushroom!)

Made for a swap, this (these?) dolls were super enjoyable to plan and put together.

Figuring out how to mirror their dresses was really something, especially at the fold. I was so please with both collars.

They are each kitted out with so many fun little details, sparkly red jewel earrings for the Queen along with a glass rose pendant, silver crown, and red velvet bow.
For Alice, a key necklace, clock charm, and of course magical mushroom bracelet.

No pattern, just made up.

16 Likes

I love the shadowing around the eyes, and the lack of other features. They say a lot without their mouths.

:metal:

I admit - I struggle with these little dolls - whichever one you pick, there is one covered up!

1 Like

I LOOOVE Topsy Turvy dolls! This is the best!

1 Like

No pattern?!? What! Astounding! I love looking at your work

1 Like

Thanks friends :blush:

@bethntim I hardly ever use a pattern for anything, I am impatient with all the steps and would rather just play around. You never know what youโ€™ll end up with, sometimes it turns out cool.

Your doll is AMAZING! I agree, the dark coloring around the eyes is fantastic. It just adds so much expression to their faces. The little details of jewelry, crown, and mushroom are perfect. Well done!

1 Like

Your topsy-turvy red queen and Alice have a โ€œCoralineโ€ feel to them- just slightly creepy- which is amazing! Highly creative !!

1 Like

I secondโ€ฆno pattern?! This is/These are really cool! Iโ€™d have to wrap my brain around making that work :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ah, thank-you. I just have that sort of brain & can see how things go together. Computers & essay writing hurt my thinker though. Everybodyโ€™s got their thing!

1 Like