Towanda banner

My friend lives in her van named Towanda on the coast. It’s such a happy space, with art and little cubbies for books and hanging plants everywhere.

Alphabet pattern by Wild Violet Cross Stitch. I frankensteined the plants so my chosen letters had more variety. Probably the happiest I was while making a project!

Sparkly fabric, but the camera said no. Note to self: please be better at mapping out a project next time. Almost ran out of space, I wanted more “fringe” on the bottom but that’s all she wrote.

Only made with items on hand - knitting needle for a dowel, o-rings to secure the braided embroidery floss (easy for her to remove to shorten the line, if needed), alternative colors (stashbusting!).

Achievement unlocked: chain stitch (“macrame”) :smile:

18 Likes

I love it! You did such a good job on the different plants.

1 Like

What a great decoration. I love the name of van!

1 Like

Love all the little details in this stitch! And yay for stashbusting and unlocked achievements! :wink:

1 Like

This is so cute! Very creative!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Towanda Banner is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

1 Like

The plants are just darling! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is so lovely.

1 Like

Am I the only one who thought of the character from the movie Fried Green Tomatoes?

1 Like

What a lovely gift! I bet it’s going to fit right in and she’s going to love it!

Nope, I did, too!

1 Like

Those plants are adorable! I love the variety!!!

1 Like

I love the little plant off the W!

1 Like

What a fun, excellent gift to make for your friend! I know they will love it!

1 Like

You nailed it, that’s the namesake!

Me too! :heart_eyes: Definitely my favorite part.

3 Likes

Changing that thread was all worth it just for that. Lol! It’s my fav part too.