Transformed 1940s folding card table

I have had this a couple of years. Cost two bucks. I spilled an entire pitcher of water on it a few days ago and in attempting to mop up the mess, saw that it was only a basic coating of (ripped) thick plastic stuff. Decided then and there to redo it. Old plasttic came off easily with a razor.
After drying with a hair dryer, I looked everywhere for old

roll of walllpaper. Measured a hundred times to be sure it would work out right. Not happy with the seam but what can ya do if that is the width of available paper?
I used a pair of tweezers to tuck in all edges but even after that finished look I wanted more, so added the only ric rac I had.
I hope it holds up. At least it is more pleasing to the eye now!

27 Likes

This is so cute, fun and refreshing. I bet it really brightens the room!

1 Like

Cute! Who knew wallpaper could be so fun?

1 Like

That’s a great makeover!

1 Like

Nice save! Love the ric rac detail…so cute!

1 Like

Very nice and a definite improvement! The ric rac is the perfect finishing touch!

1 Like

The rickrack is the best. So sweet.

1 Like

Oh, this is so delightful! The rickrack is the perfect touch.

1 Like

What an adorable makeover! If that’s vinyl wallpaper, I bet it will hold up pretty dang well. That ric rac, though… ACK!

1 Like

Great makeover - and now you can change the wallpaper to fit the seasons! Hee :wink:

1 Like

Such a cute makeover!

1 Like

Wow, that is 1000x better! I love your choice of strawberry wallpaper and the additional rick rack decorative embellishment. It looks like a table on which to set up a tray of cupcakes. Or play a wicked game of cards… like everyone at the table is all cordial then when the cards come out… it’d be like my family. Fiercely competitive.

2 Likes

What a transformation!

1 Like

That wallpaper is darling!

1 Like

What a good idea! I have some old card tables that are in poor condition too and this would be perfect for them.
I love the little berries!

1 Like

Huge fan of repair vs replace or trash. And I have contact paper on my sewing table and I’m 10 years in. Minus a couple small ripples, it’s still holding up well!

Great project! \m/

2 Likes

Nice! You really made this into a treasure.

1 Like

Nice!! It’s super cute!

1 Like

It looks so cute now, right out of a vintage catalog!

1 Like