Trash to Treasure Bench

Best thing I ever found was a cast iron skillet! Someone just left it out in their front yard…I walked past it to go home to get my car (I was walking the neighborhood)…when I got back, it was gone…I was so sad…but a few minutes later, my hubby walks in with it! He was walking as well (a different route) and carried it all the way home! ha ha…we laughed…that was over 20 years ago and we still use the skillet!

6 Likes

I belong to a buy nothing group on Facebook. It is only for a few miles around my house (if you are on FB, check it out, they have them all over the world and one in your area). I got an espresso maker that someone was getting rid of because a small leak. 25 cent seal and new espresso maker for me! I also got the most beautiful painted screen off of that group. Sometimes people are weird, like giving away a half bottle of suntan lotion but most of the time there are a lot of kids clothes and appliances. Someone once gave away a really nice TV that was less than a year old because they got a new one.

2 Likes

@AIMR - that is hilarious! I hate when it’s raining and I have to juggle the leash, my ‘brella, a poop bag and my loot. Then sometimes I get home and it doesn’t work out so I leave it out front for someone else and I think - I cannot believe I carried that stupid thing for a mile in the rain.

@kittykill - I am not on FB. My sister has all these wonderful buy nothing stories.

2 Likes

This is lovely. I also get rid of so much by setting it on our curb. :slight_smile: I love it

I love that coral color. It really makes it pop!

Your craft is :fire:! That’s why it’s one of this week’s featured projects. Thanks for sharing it with us! :tada:

1 Like

On the Nextdoor app, they have buy nothing groups also. I have a citywide one, and one just for our immediate neighborhoods. Definitely some odd listings, but mostly great finds.

1 Like

I love the coral and I second the tropical themed cushion idea!

We have similar things happen here. My neighbor actually has a free sign that he brings out now and then to set next to his latest giveaways.

From other places have gotten a nice tri-fold outdoor screen, a Keurig and even a Patio Caddie grill.

1 Like