Travel cross body sling bag with phone pocket and photos!

Photos added.

Rome in the spring. I’m heading off on a solo adventure to look at art for a few days. I don’t usually carry a handbag and a back pack is asking for trouble. Rome is has many pick pockets, and I’m never going to look like a local. So I found this great channel on YouTube (via a bag that @Magpie made me) and I made this.

Firstly look at this fabric!!! I adore it so much, it’s been discontinued and the ever fabulous @AIMR tracked some down and sent it to me. I had just enough to make this. Inside is lined with a cute gnome fabric that my daughter bought for me. The orange bias binding is from London and has been in stash about 12 years.

I changed things up a little from the pattern, I didn’t want the zipper on the phone pocket (on the shoulder, with an eyelet for headphones) on the bottom, it made more sense on the top.

And I also added a small super secret zippered pocket hidden underneath for credit cards.

The whole thing is soft and light and will sit happily under a cardigan. It’s large enough for phone, e-reader, notebook, pens and a bottle of water.

19 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing the real thing as soon as the picture problem is fixed! It sounds awesome!

3 Likes

that is a GREAT channel for sewing bags! Can’t wait to see your bag!

2 Likes

:mushroom: :thread: :orange_heart: Your fabulously funky bag is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :orange_heart: :thread: :mushroom:

2 Likes

Thank you :grin:

2 Likes

Your bag is so cute! I hope you have a great trip!

1 Like

That looks terrific! What an awesome use of that wonderful fabric.

1 Like

That fabric is gorgeous! I love hoe every bit of the bag is 100% practical for a tourist.

2 Likes

Gah! Those fabrics are awesome. The shape is perfect for adventuring.
The hidden gnomes send this from an awesome project to an absolutely amazing one!

2 Likes

Everyone should have hidden gnomes :heart:

1 Like

I couldnt agree more. :mushroom:

This whole project is awesome. Great choices from fabrics to pattern changes.

2 Likes

Wow! How fun is this? It looks like it can hold EVERYTHING! :star_struck:

1 Like

I feel like I need one of these now! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

It looks both cute and wonderfully functional! A veritable gnome army hiding behind all those sweet mushrooms to protect your treasures.

2 Likes

This is one of my favorite projects! It’s so versitile (sp), and i remember the post about the fabric!

Also, ROME???!! Swoon!