Traveling Little Visitor Swap Round 30 - Gallery

Sorry to hear you’ve been having problems. Hope you get good news on your other issue. What is a King Cake?

1 Like

It’s a Mardi Gras thing, where they bake a small plastic baby into the cake and whoever finds it has good luck? Other than that it’s a very brightly colored cinnamon roll thing - smelled better than it tasted, unfortunately…

3 Likes

So sorry we’ve been absent. We were up north for two weeks (Perri got to experience -22F temperatures :cold_face:) then as soon as we got back both my kids got sick :frowning_face:
But my Aunt’s heart surgery went well and she is healing quickly. They did 5 bypasses! :open_mouth:

While we were waiting for her to come home from the hospital, we did a little bit of sightseeing on the Kenai Peninsula. Here is Perri at the entrance to the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge

Inside learning about iceworms

Bears

and scat!

This is Turnagain Arm just outside of Anchorage, home to the largest bore tide in the US. At it’s biggest it comes in as a 7’ wall of water moving about 12 mph. You can kind of see the current in the photo, but we were too late to see the water coming in. A lot of people have become stuck in the quicksand-like silt and drowned when the tide came roaring in :confused:

Back in Sitka we’ve been walking the totem park and appreciating some of Sitka’s winter residents- Trumpeter Swans. This guy had been rooting around in the mud and seaweed so he isn’t very white. I’ll try to get better photos this week.

3 Likes

So glad your aunt’s doing ok. I bet Perri was glad she had a scarf. :wink:

Just today, I finally got Elias in to the store to see some of the work I do. I’ve worked 3rd shift last night (actually, I’m on break right now)and the night before putting up the new tags. We have some big sales this week and I’m sure we haven’t put 1/2 of them up. He’s doing a good job of supervising.

Blah, I’m going to fix these photos later today

2 Likes

I am bugging DH that we need to go to one particular place with Mr. Sparkles and then I will be working on his scrapbook. I’m thinking maybe not this weekend, but the next. Otherwise I’m cutting it way close.

1 Like

I’ve finally taken SusieQ everywhere I wanted to take her, so she will be ready to make her return trip home soon. That is, if I can tear her away from this new mirror I just finished.

3 Likes

I.just.cannot. :kissing_heart: :laughing: Between the adorable hat and coat you made her, the mirror, the orange colors, her smiley face…you just put a big smile on my face!

2 Likes

Aaaahhh super cute photo!!!

So sorry, we’ve been super busy here with boring stuff… Not many photos of Zoey lately, but I need to get cracking on the book!

2 Likes

Audania - Oh my goodness, that “it’s a small world” bag is adorable. I don’t own any Dooney bags, but I always eyed the Haunted Mansion one…and now this!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the support. As an update, My surgeon is looking at May 27th right now. He decided that he needed me to heal more from my last surgery and he needed to also find a day where I can take up all his surgery slots. The good news is that doesn’t effect this swap, so I am not feeling like I have to finish earlier than planned. I am not sure if I mentioned it or not, but when I ended up in the ER the first weekend this swap started with chest pains (which I have gotten for a year, but it was paired with heart palpitations that night), it may be in relation to this disease spreading further. May sound scary, but to me that is a relief to have some possible answers for unexplained things.

Didn’t expect to have my health issues suddenly get worse during this swap, but surprisingly I had more than required done in the first month! I realized this when I started the scrapbook and started printing photos off. I have so much more I want to do too. I guess there are just so many things I wish to share from my state!

I don’t know what I have and have not shared yet between health issues, website switches, and surgery nonsense. I believe I have not shared Daisy’s adventures to The Mount Washington Hotel.

4 Likes

Hello everyone! I hope you are all well. Things are so crazy lately, I hope this swap is still going ahead. I miss Vic and Nessie is anxious to see their family at the end of the month. :heart:

2 Likes

My favorite photo is of her talking into the old fashioned phone! :rofl: :joy:

I was going to go to one last place today…the one I was most looking forward to…and of course it’s closed because of the virus. :pensive:

I guess that just means that I’ll have a bit extra time to work on making Lynx2Lancer’s package that more special!

1 Like

Well our girl scout camping trip for this weekend was cancelled. So bummed. And now our school (where I work) is out for 4 weeks. We are due for a huge winter storm this weekend but I am hoping to get a good hiking trip in this week with some more pictures of Amelia before finishing up the scrapbook.

1 Like

I have been in self-quarantine because of being immunocompromised and living with 3 others who also are and/or are 60+. Today is a great day weather-wise, but I am in pain, so I am waiting for another good weather day. But my plans are to do modified adventures for the last stretch. So that will be things like an outdoor walking museum and such. I already collected the pamphlet that is the guide a long time ago, so even that won’t be an issue.

Hoping everyone is well and safe. I got in touch with CraftCrazy13 and they are safe from the tornado (Nashville).

1 Like

Hello, everyone! I have a question…all the POs local to me are busy places and I don’t feel comfortable going there right now to mail anything.

Will there be any accomodations for those of us that can’t mail anything right now?

First of all, your health comes first, so please don’t worry.

Secondly, does your PO offer the option to schedule a pickup from your home? I’m not sure if that is universal or not or even exactly how it works with weight of packages.

USPS Schedule pickup form

1 Like

I have no way to get postage…we don’t have any ink in our printer. :neutral_face:

We still have a couple weeks on send-outs, so maybe the post office will be less busy by then?

1 Like

Hey guys, regarding send outs…

Would some extra time help? It seems like it’s just been one catastrophe after another this round. But I know a lot of people are busy trying to entertain kids stuck home from school, or caring for older relatives who can’t go out, etc. So I’m fine with pushing send out’s back a bit.

What do you all think?

2 Likes

I guess I’ll go with whatever the census is about sendouts.

All of the POs around me are busy and my DH has some health issues which make him more vunerable to the virus. That’s why I’m concerned.

I for one, would like more time.