Trial and Error- The Card

I just finished my version of The Hanged Man tarot card. I originally designed it for a printmaking assignment and later decided to make it completely in my style and color. It’s watercolor and crayon on a 8X10 multimedia art board.

here are some progress shots, woo-hoo!

Here is my completed printmaking project this was recreated it from. I made this print using drypoint intaglio and linocut.

Thanks for looking!!

12 Likes

Very beautiful. Are you planning more cards? I know a few people who aspire to create their own tarot decks.

1 Like

I knew immediately that this was your project before seeing the sig. you have definitely developed an identifiable personal style. Do you sell your works? I think you’d find a strong audience for it if you did.

3 Likes

The texture and colors are just so amazing!

2 Likes

Love the coloration; that rainbow effect in the background is beautiful!

2 Likes

I don’t plan on making my own deck, but I may make some more cards in the future. I did the hanged man because it fit the theme of “trial and error” for my final class project. I may make some more of the Major Arcana in the future tho.

1 Like

I don’t actively try to sell my work, but I have sold some pieces here and there. Mostly to friends, as they are my biggest fans. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wonderful!! Love his serene expression, lol. And that background! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Love how whimsical and bright this is. I adore your style and hope you keep them coming!

2 Likes

I am also a big fan of your bold and colorful style! It’s easy to recognize your pieces even just from the thumbnail!

This turned out so cool!

2 Likes