Trying my shaky hand, and poor eyesight, painting miniature paintings

I definitely need to find a different utensil/brush for the fine detail work, but I think I can pull this off.

Found using tape might help with the sides for allowing to have enough space to affix them to a frame once I get/make them.

14 Likes

Nice job! I needed to do a little bit of detailed painting on a woodburned project I made last year. I used a makeup brush I got at the dollar store. It allowed me to get neat lines in tight spots.

1 Like

And I completed one on canvas (2 in. x 1.5 in.). I cut up an older brush I had to try to make it work. Meh, sort of works. I’ll have to give the makeup brush a try.

I really like the little car, and some parts that looks like rain falling at an angle.

8 Likes

Wow, that’s small! I love the lightning!

1 Like

Awesome work! The lightning is very cool.

1 Like

Cool!
I often use sharpie markers and gel pens for fine details on tiny paintings.
But I’m not a purist.

1 Like

So itsy bitsy tiny! Love that little car, too!

1 Like

And have a frame done. It was at first just supposed to be a test piece, as I have this dumb thought that it needs to be fancy. However, bland actually looks decent.

5 Likes

These are great! I can’t believe all the details you got into such a small space.

2 Likes

Awesome! It deserves a nice frame. Looks great! :+1:

1 Like

Ok! My first attempt to actually finish them. The kittie just popped in my head as I was trying to do fern fiddleheads. Though, I do have a love hate relationship with it. I think what I don’t like about it, is the head should have been tilted instead of level. Meh, I may redo it. (anyway, someone in another craft group suggested for the small frame, modern art style, which got me doing that).

Update:

The six I was working on are complete, and signed on the backs.

6 Likes

These are amazing and beautiful!

:unicorn: CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :gift_heart:

1 Like

I love these! The frames really elevate them. I can picture them hanging in a miniature gallery :heart: It’s amazing how much detail and texture you can get in those tiny spaces, I could stare at them for hours

1 Like

Holy moly! I went against making a half dead tree, as I just couldn’t get the branches small enough. Still, whoooonaaaa! It’s awesome.

2 Likes

It IS awesome!

1 Like

My first jig for making the frames for mini paintings. This one I’m using nails as the sides were too low for much else. However, I think this will work beautifully. If the holes become too wore, I could add a little glue, putty, or anything to make them “grip” the nails again.

The wax is used to keep the glue from sticking to the jig. The lines are to help with squaring the frames (unfortunately, that means they still are being eyeballed, but meh, it’s what I could pull off).

1 Like