Turkish Eggs

I’ve seen several pictures of Turkish eggs this week and decided to finally make some for breakfast today. Phew-they pushed all of my food buttons and I can’t believe I waited so long to try them. Savory, salty, spicy, tangy—delicious!! As much as I love to bake sweet treats, I’m a decidedly salty eater when it comes to actual food. (I would choose popcorn or chips and salsa over cookies any day.)

1 6 ox container of plain Greek yogurt-grate in 1 clove garlic. Spread half of mixture on plate. Top with one poached (mine was over easy) egg and spicy butter (2 tsp butter melted with a big pinch smoked paprika and as many chili flakes as desired). Eat by scooping the fabulousness on toasted bread. A big hunk of olive oil fried sourdough would be divine, but I ate mine on sad, toasted “diet” bread and it was still delicious.

And good news is, it fits in my “lose the covid/baby weight diet”! (My baby is five years old :laughing:.) with using bread that’s 45 calories a slice-I can have two slices and still keep this breakfast under 350 calories and actually be full. Yay! :smiley:

10 Likes

Interesting! I am going to have to try this. You have my curiosity peaked.

1 Like

O. M. G.

This has my husband’s name AAAALLLLL over it!

Thanks for the how-to! I’d never even heard of this!!

1 Like

Looks yummy!

I am trying to recall if I ever had these when I lived in Turkey…I do remember a lot of yogurt based dishes but not this one…but I would love to eat it with the bread, ekmek…mmmm

1 Like

Ummm…this sounds really delicious with the spicy butter and cool yogurt. I will have to throw it into rotation with overnight oats and avocado toast breakfasts!

2 Likes

Why have I never heard of this? Looks really intriguing

1 Like

Oooo, this sounds goooooood!

1 Like

Spicy butter sounds like something I NEED. I’m weird with eggs. I like them til I start eating them

1 Like