Two 'medieval' award Scrolls SCA

These are to be handed out to two deserving recipients next weekend. The hand is unical, which I’m still just learning and the border is based on the book of kells.

These wretched little things fought me every step of the way. They are complete with authentic medieval spelling mistakes :yum: they are good enough!!

They are for a husband and wife, and they are both getting the same award, so I wanted them similar but not identical.

Now to go and cook dinner, honestly a medieval scribe/illuminator’s work is never done

32 Likes

They look incredible, and what a groovy thing to be given!

3 Likes

They look phenomenal.

4 Likes

Gorgeous!

I took a calligraphy class in college, so I have an idea of how much work is involved!

4 Likes

These are wonderful!

2 Likes

Woah, these are awesome! The recipients will surely appreciate them.

2 Likes

So much work, about 20 hours for these two tiny things!!

2 Likes

These are really, really special. All the thought and effort that has gone into them is really amazing. And the look h*ckin’ cool, too!

2 Likes

Excellent!! Bet those will be framed and hung in places of honor!! :smiley:

I remember teaching myself unical back in the middle ages. Haven’t used it since then!!
Book of Kells is amazing!!

3 Likes

Phenomenal! Such an investment of talent, time, patience and love! These will be cherished! I mean…. I would totally cherish the heck out of these if they were mine!!!

3 Likes

Beautiful work!

3 Likes

My hand hurts just looking at these! They are incredible. You made me chuckle about the misspellings.

2 Likes

:scroll: :scroll: :scroll: Your amazing project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congrats! :scroll: :scroll: :scroll:

1 Like

Cool​:grin: thank you :heart::heart:

1 Like

Wow, did you use the ruler for each line?? It’s so straight. From the comments or took you twenty plus hours for one? I hope they are appreciated for the works of art they are.
Did you get hand cramps?

1 Like

I used a fake vellum. It’s very translucent so I had a ruled page underneath.

About 20 hours for both and many of the hand cramps, I tend to clutch the pen with a death grip!

2 Likes

Wow, these are such a labour of love! They look fantastic, you’re an inspiration!

2 Likes