UFO ENTHUSIAST PATCH - First Ever Machine Embroidery

For years I’ve wanted a embroidery machine, especially this past couple of month. I was saving up for one when I came across a listing on Facebook marketplace for a brand new machine all the supplies for less than half what a new machine on amazon would have cost alone. Don’t mean to brag but I’m the queen of thrifty, a secondhand empress if you will. (don’t even get me started on my Kitchen Aid stand mixer for $7) lol

I’ve LOVED the crafty badges on urban threads for YEARS, especially this UFO design. I have (probably thousands of) UFOs around, some even from fifteen years ago. So I knew this had to be my first project, messed up a bit, but I didn’t follow the directions and just wanted to see what I could figure out on my own.

Already SO many projects on the list, toy story felties, the child plush, birth record of my Lo, etc!

28 Likes

Awesome!!!
:metal:

1 Like

Whoa! That is AWE-SOME!

1 Like

So cool! And nice score at getting a machine at half price!

1 Like

Yay! These patches are so nifty. And I appreciate your bargain-hunting. My mom taught me never to buy anything unless it was on sale! :grin:

1 Like

Welcome to the machine embroidery club!

Yay- have fun! :grin:

This is awesome! :smiley:

I love that so much! I am chagrined to say it applies to me, no matter how hard I try to make it otherwise. At least I’m in good company!

1 Like

That is great! I dig the fabric you used, too.

1 Like

Congrats on the amazing score. Your first project is awesome!

1 Like

Fabulous first project…and kudos on the fantastic find. Which make/model did you purchase? I am loving all the machine embroidered projects posted and am squirreling info in case I decide I need to buy one :smiley:

Looks great! Machine embroidery opens up a whole new world of projects but has a definite learning curve! This was a great first project to try!

Awesome! And I love the double meaning of this patch. :wink:

It looks great! I’d love to have an embroidery machine and I can barely sew :laughing:

Oh boy! This one is so cool. I can’t wait to see the mischief you get up to!

I never would have guessed this was your first project. I love the background fabric you used!

I love it! Soooo cool that you got the machine so cheaply! The fabric for that is perfect both in content and color! And a $7 KitchenAid omg :stuck_out_tongue:

I just picked up an embroidery machine too! I have an old, first generation one, from 2000, that’s so far out of date, and had no good way to buy designs online. (You could only buy Viking’s designs, bought on special sized cards from Viking. Not helpful as the technology has grown and changed.) It still works BEAUTIFULLY as my regular sewing machine, so I’ve never regretted it. But when my neighbor, who had a small embroidery business making personalized kids clothes, decided to sell her Brother InnovisNQ 1400e, I picked it up from her, along with a ton of threads, and stabilizers. Now I’m trying so hard to finish up a couple random projects that HAVE to be done soon, so that I can then dive into playing with my new toy. And I totally have my eye on making some of the crafty merit badges too!

2 Likes

YAY that is SOOO exciting!!!

I’ve been finding se AMAZING websites that have great designs. I have them all saved on my computer so I will link them tonight!

1 Like