Under the Sea menagerie

I made three new sea themed items yesterday. I plan on making more and I will add them to this post as I create them.

First up we have a starfish. I wasn’t planning on making a starfish, but while looking for a seahorse pattern I stumbled upon the pattern for this.

front:

back:

I did finally find a seahorse pattern I really liked. I made two of these so far. I plan on making more!

I’ll add more soon I hope!

Edited 3/16/2021:
Here are two more projects!

I made the shark for my niece, but Mr SBC claimed it, and I don’t feel like making another one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Added 3/24/2021:

Added 3/26/2021

22 Likes

They’re so sweet!

2 Likes

So cute! Thank you for sharing the pattern, I wanna take a whack at it. The variegated yarn looks really nice.

2 Likes

I love them! I’m glad you made the starfish.It’s adorable!

2 Likes

Cute! Looks like you even have coordinating fabric underneath!

2 Likes

Cute! How big is the starfish? I need some decorative items for the very plain bed in my guest room…I am doing a sea theme…just love the colors you picked for it!

2 Likes

Cute! They turned out awesome :grin: I’m especially fond of the starfish colors and the first seahorse.

1 Like

I don’t have a ruler nearby, but here it is compared to my hand

It could be made even bigger with a chunkier yarn (I used worsted weight in three colors and an E hook to keep the stitches tight). The pattern is in UK terms and I think calls for a [3] weight yarn and C hook.

4 Likes

Thanks…it is just darling…maybe I will do some and put them in baskets for any of the guests to take with them…it would be a nice thing to take home from the beach!

6 Likes

These are really cute. I’m a sucker for sea horses.

2 Likes

So fun!

2 Likes

How fun!

2 Likes

I love the starfish. The colors are fantastic! The seahorses are sure too.

3 Likes

I love the shark! I can see why your hubs claimed it.

3 Likes

The jelly and shark are wonderful! Ok… they ALL are …!

1 Like

These are all just marvelous but that turtle, woo! What size is it? Such complex stitches, it’s beautiful.

Thanks! The turtle is 34 inches long!

Oh my gosh, it’s like a cushion!

1 Like

All of them are amazing, but that turtle :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hahaha! I’ve been there!

I love these! The turtle especially! :heart_eyes:

I love that idea!

1 Like