Unstructured Tassel Earrings from Leather Scraps

So many scraps and not enough time! I love to recycle, reuse and repurpose and I LOVE jewelry. I work for a company that sells leather hides to furniture manufacturers and upholstery shops and I collect the scraps from our sample cutting machine. Here’s one of my favorite pair of earrings. If only I had more time!!

unstructuredtassel

18 Likes

Darling earrings! How lucky for you that you get the scraps from the sample cuts at work! That must be an inspiring workplace.

2 Likes

Cool! I bet they are fun to wear…do they have that new leather smell? Love that smell for some reason…

They probably do…lol. I’m around it all day so I don’t notice it as much as other people do.

mmmm like a new car around your face…ha ha

1 Like

Nice earrings!! and yay for turning scraps into something beautiful and wearable!

1 Like

I love their classic, simple lines. Very wearable and I bet they go with so many outfits! Lucky you, to be able to gather all those scraps.

2 Likes

They look great. That’s cool you got to make them from scraps.

1 Like

Nice! It is such a great design that never goes out of style. Also, way to use up those scraps!

1 Like

Those earrings are so lovely! Not gonna lie, I’m pretty envious of your job. Leather scraps everywhere? Oh, the things that I could make!

1 Like

These are great! Simply, but not plain. I also envy your access to the leather scraps! I once received a box of leather scraps from a friend who worked at a furniture design house and boy do I wish I could get more!

2 Likes

Love these. Very much my style right now.