Omg I LOVE this! So cute!

1 Like

LOVE this!

1 Like

Ohmygo-

I’m back from the dead to say i’m dead.

Is there anything you can’t dooooo???

2 Likes

Wow. Just when I think you can’t top the last one… YOU DO. This is amazing!

1 Like

Harlan, your talents are extraordinary.

3 Likes

Wow, how long does it to make each of your characters? You’re so prolific!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!! :smiley: :mouse:

That’s actually a “working” loom. I used a comb for the beater.
I sorely wish I had really tiny carpenter tools, but comfort myself with the knowledge that mice don’t have them either.

How long it takes varies. I usually have several going at the same time. Sometimes I am working on their tools/objects, or making felt fabric to use for their clothes, or any number of activities that eventually end up being used to complete a figure. Weaving a tiny rug on that loom took a lot more time than I wished. :wink:

Currently I have 3 un"identified" mice on my side table along with two creatures I have not previously made in this “series”. These are all creature “blanks” - they have their armature and enough foundation fiber to give them their basic shape, but are far from finished.

5 Likes

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh I am absolutely overwhelmed with the cuteness, the details, the TINY WOVEN RUG, the working loom bursting with woodland flavor, the weaver’s dashing duds… AAAAAAHHHHH!

4 Likes

I love this little weaver guy! His teeny tapestry and rug! What a cute face! You do so amazingly qith these!

2 Likes

Your creatures are always adorable and have so much character, but what makes them so complete is the detail in their accessories. Love this one!

3 Likes

Thank you very much!! :smiley: :mouse: squeak

The loom was pretty wobbily for most of the project (i.e. when I was weaving). The cross bar at the top kept slipping downward. I didn’t finally resort to glue (tsk tsk) until I had finished as much weaving as I was going to leave on the loom.

I had thought about actually doing a simple tapestry design. If I had been able to make the loom more stable, I might have done that. It had been many long years since I’ve done any weaving.

My son has declared that the next mouse coming up has the cutest of all the mice faces thus far. I can’t be objective about them.

6 Likes

The loom is excellent! (So is that hat!)

2 Likes

Ooooh, his little face, his little loom…these little guys honestly get cooler and cooler! :grinning:

2 Likes

Again, complete masterpiece. I love the toes and feet. Too precious. The accessories that you add are phenomenal! The loom and the tiny rug??!!! Insanity!

3 Likes

My first thought was “its @photojenn in mouse form!”

6 Likes

Oh my goodness, the tiny little loom! Where is this village all your tiny friends live? Can I move in? I’m pretty short. Maybe they won’t notice I’m not a mouse…

3 Likes

Thank you!! Thank you!! :smiley: :mouse: squeak!

Mouse hats are always a challenge, an interesting challenge since there are no rules as to what is appropriate! :wink: Hats are also a great way to use up tiny bits of hand made felt cloth that are too small for much of anything.

@photojenn is a MUCH better weaver, but she also has much better looms! :slight_smile: (but does she have a weaver’s hat??)

None of my creatures are speciesists. They like & appreciate diversity! :mouse: Candy makers are particularly welcomed.

I’ve been told by a reliable source that nightly they join the Daikin Lions (circa 1986 Animal Farm) in the Tardis and take a trip to all the local Dunkin Donuts. This remains unverified.

4 Likes

Weaving loom? Little rug? Absolutely adorable! That hat is super cute too. It looks so festive!

2 Likes